1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I'm a firm believer in "while I'm there", so I would suggest doing as much as possible while you have the front end disassembled.

But just my .02 (and sometimes doing the "while I'm there" can lead to weeks of downtime... :bawling:) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks,i have a full shop at my disposal...will this be hard?

·
Super Moderator
9,152 Posts
Don't bother with poly bushings, especially on the strut rods. It's well documented that the only acceptable replacements are Ford OEM.

·
Super Moderator
11,875 Posts
My thoughts on this kit:

Includes:
  • Tie Rod Boots - You don't need them
  • Front & Rear Strut Rod bushings (new ferrules & 7/8" washers included) - Don't cheap out on these. Use OEM Ford only.
  • Front Sway Bar bushings 1 1/16" - You don't need to replace them and certainly don't use poly. They'll squeak like crazy. Get OEM rubber bushings if you're gonna replace them.
  • Rack & Pinion bushings (5/8" washers included) - You don't need them. I still have the original Rack & Pinion bushings on my car.
  • Lower Control Arm bushings - Don't waste your time replacing the bushings. If your going to do anything replace the whole LCA at once. If your LCA is in good shape then you certainly don't need to replace just the bushings.
  • Upper Control Arm bushings - Ditto
  • Shock Bump Stop bushings - I think he's referring to the rear shocks. You shouldn't need to replace these bushings just replace them when you replace the shocks. New shocks should come with a set of bushings.
  • Installation instructions - For what their worth ...
See this thread for part numbers and other members thoughts on the various parts.

My recommendation is to just replace the ones that need to be replaced.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
I have to agree with Trunk Monkey, I bought that kit about 5 years ago and still have half of the bushings, the ones I did put on the car have since been replaced by ball joints going out.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
I've had poly sway bar bushings on the front for about 4-5 years and they've never made a sound, I have the ES grease-able ones though.

The rear ones I hear every once in awhile but only when it's cold and moving slow like over a speed bump where it moves the bar a lot.

·
Banned
998 Posts
I have ES Poly bushings also and no squeaks. But they are the greaseable ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts