TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where a guy could find a polyurithane bushing kit that is complete for every bushing in the suspension of the car, similar to an energy suspension kit for the mustang. My car is a 95 LX with a 4.6 V8. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
MN12Performance.com would be your best bet. I think there is every bushing you need there.

Joe

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have my front and rear set sitting and I was wondering how hard is it to install? i'm still a novice mechanic and am learning as I go. Is it something I can do or should I bribe some other car guys with beer to help me?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Nuts... In the instructions that came with it, it looked like all that was used to pop 'em in and out was a 3 jaw pulley puller. So no chance I can do it then eh? DAMN! :(

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
If the instructions say you can then you probably can....I have installed some poly stuff with just a 2 or 3 jaw puller and it worked pretty well. I don't know about installing the whole MN-12 performance kit though.

Russ

·
Registered
170 Posts
Even if I could do a good chunk of it with the tools I have it would be nice, save big $.
Since you've done it 96bird, how hard would you say it is?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
No I have only done a few of the bushings.....Like the rear knuckle kit....and it wasn't too bad at all. I think 94DailyDriven4.6 did it himself....so you may want to ask him.

Russell

·
Registered
170 Posts
Cool thanks for the heads up! :)

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I've got a press, so I've never thought about doing it with anything else. I guess it's possible, but I wouldn't want to do it.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
One thing about the front lower bushings...
The bushing I got from Rich didn't quite fit into it's spot. The guy at the machine shop had to bore out my control arm a slight bit to get the bushing pressed in...and it was still difficult.
That's just what happened to me. I am now a believer in just buying the whole control arm or whatever instead of just changing bushings. Makes things much easier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts