TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like how my friends SC has a button that controls his remote antenna. Its almost pointless but im one of those kids that likes to do these things for my own amusement. Is there anyway i can get my remoteantenna to go up wit a switch. Ive tried just unplugging the connection in the back of my aftermarket deck to c if that will stop it from goin up everytime i put my stereo on. DIdnt work. I quite familiar with relays and wiring techniques. Im just curious to see if anybody else has tried this yet?

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
It's not the antennae connection that causes it to go up, there is a wire that comes off the stereo that causes that. A lot of people will use that for their remote turnon for their amp since it only comes on if the stereo comes on.

I don't know what wire it is, but if you have an aftermarket deck it should be able to tell you in the documentation.

·
Registered
337 Posts
You could do what i did. Take the wire for the antenna comming out of the stock wiring harness and put a toggle switch on it and then run the other end to any hot wire on the car.

-Derrick-

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fast96Tbird said:
You could do what i did. Take the wire for the antenna comming out of the stock wiring harness and put a toggle switch on it and then run the other end to any hot wire on the car.

-Derrick-
[/QUOTE

THat shuold work with an aftermarket deck harness too right?

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Well you don't want to connect the lead from the deck to the switch, you want the lead from the harness on the car to the switch to power. Same wire, but you'll want the deck to not be getting 12v into itself via that wire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts