TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do not buy anything from Fred Scadron [email protected] !!!!!!

He ripped me off!!!!

I purchased what was supposed to be a set of 94 SC springs from him after he answered my want add for them. He sent me a set of springs, and when I tried to get them installed at a local shop I found out that they are NOT SC springs, as a matter of fact they do not even go on a Thunderbird! I have since bought a new set from Ford and when I placed the side by side you could clearly tell the difference the ones he sold me are old looking - the ones I bought from Ford are all nice and shiny, see the pic below:

As you can see, there is no way the crap he sold me is from a T-Bird.

I have tried repeatedly to get him to take them back but he refuses accusing me of trying to rip him off and saying that I waited too long to get my $$ back.

I'm going to file a complaint with PayPal, as that is how I paid him. Maybe they can do something with him……….

I would advise all to avoid him like the plague!!!!!!!

Eric

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I have dealt positively with him before, so showing proof would help your creditability. I'm not placing any blame or calling anyone out, just want to make sure the truth is told.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Live and Learn

I filed my complaint with PayPal. I doubt anything will happen as it has been over 30 days since the transaction took place as I had to wait for the struts I ordered before getting everything installed. I paid from my checking account so no credit card company to help......

What more proof can I come up with? I have the picture above and the record of the transaction through PayPal? Should I get a fingerprint kit and try to lift his prints of the springs so that I can prove they came from him? :leftright :2huh:

I know that dealing with inDUHviduals over the internet can be risky, and this is the 2nd time I've been bitten. You can bet I will be much more cautious in the future.

Eric.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like I'm not the only one....

I posted this same post @ the SCCOA forums and here was one the responses:

This is the same guy who ripped off so many guys with the dis scam a few years ago.. He would buy everyone he could under the story that he needed it for his wifes car and then would sell it under the name of Florida Fred, or something close to that.. Maybe he should get his key pads clipped so he can't get anyone else.... He even called me a spoiled little rich kid with too much money to play with once....
Does that help my credabilty with you Greenburd? The more I read your post, the more botherd by it I became. You questioning my credability? You wanting to make sure the truth comes out? Ha Ha! Kinda funny actually, since as far back as I can remember you have been the one who is known for spreading BS by the ton. I guess things havent changed much have they?
As for me? I have been coming to this board for at least 2 years. I am an active member of my local chapter MA TCCOA. I have done business with many well known people on this and other boards with not 1 complaint against me. If you want, check out my ebay ratings. Nothing but good things said about me. But hey, then again I'm not a "Post Whore", so how can I be trusted?

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Re: Looks like I'm not the only one....

Eric Z. said:
As for me? I have been coming to this board for at least 2 years. I am an active member of my local chapter MA TCCOA. I have done business with many well known people on this and other boards with not 1 complaint against me. If you want, check out my ebay ratings. Nothing but good things said about me.
Gotta agree there since I have a pair o' 96 heads in my bedroom with your name on the box. :D

·
11,719 Posts
Re: Looks like I'm not the only one....

Eric, I said that I wasn't coming down on you... sheesh. The point of my post was more to get someone to say "Eric's a good stand-up guy" or something like that.

hope you get your $$$ back.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I have heard nothing but bad about Florida Fred. If you some how got wwhat you paid for from him, consider yourself lucky. Not oo long ago, a guy that was scamming people on various forums like the corral and stangnet got busted by the feds. Perhaps fred should be pointed to that, and change his mind.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
speaking of bad business, for computer parts.. do NOT do business with CRUXWORKS. I got a mp3 player off of them and it came broken so i sent it back and they wont refund my money.. Even after they said they would. In the process of a BBB investigation.. I just want my money!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Hey - I can stand up for Eric too - I bought a set of BEAUTIFUL Lincoln LS wheels from him - and it was a great transaction.

Hope this works out for you Eric - don't be afraid to call up your CC and tell them about the situation.

Do you know what kind of car those springs are from? Maybe you could sell them to somebody who needs them....

Oh yeah - thanks for the headsup about Fred S.

BTW - are those SC wheels going on your ride?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, Well, Well

Since you have his heads in your bedroom, Do you have Mr Al locked in the closet Mr Dragon? :) I thought he was going to put PI cams and whatnot in them and slap them on his car? - Oh well, if he's like me he has changed his mind about it 10 times by now....... What exactly are your plans for those heads?:xpD:

I saw where you put those wheels on in another post Kevin. Do ya got any pics? I'll bet they look sweet *** as hell on your Black Cat. Those SC wheels are going on the Silver Slut, I have a set on her right now, but a couple are starting to peel so I am going to replace them with these and then use the 2 that are peeling for my DR's.......

Greenbird, I may have misread your post, but even now when I look back at it still looks as though you are saying:

"Well, I've done business with FloridaFag and he did me right, Maybe if you showed me some proof I might believe you." :leftright

Anywho, now that you have made your true intentions known, perhaps my response was a tad bit harsh........

If anyone is interested the thread over @ SCCOA is going full tilt, FloridaFag has apparently ripped alot of people over there............

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Re: Well, Well, Well

Eric Z. said:
Since you have his heads in your bedroom, Do you have Mr Al locked in the closet Mr Dragon? :) I thought he was going to put PI cams and whatnot in them and slap them on his car? - Oh well, if he's like me he has changed his mind about it 10 times by now....... What exactly are your plans for those heads?:xpD:
Yeah, he decided to stop spending so much money on the car. I'll probably PnP the heads and PI or custom cams, maybe throw an Allen into the mix in memory of Alan's sacrifice. :D We'll see when I save up enough money to get started.

·
11,719 Posts
Re: Well, Well, Well

Eric Z. said:
Greenbird, I may have misread your post, but even now when I look back at it still looks as though you are saying:

"Well, I've done business with FloridaFag and he did me right, Maybe if you showed me some proof I might believe you." :leftright

Anywho, now that you have made your true intentions known, perhaps my response was a tad bit harsh........
I could have worded it better. I'll just take Fred off my list of references.

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
I know one thing!!!

Eric ain't the type of guy to BS someone and you can bet your A$$ when he says they aren't off a SC, they aren't off a SC. Its funny how the new ones he bought went right in like they were supposed to so whats that tell ya.
As far as integrity goes, HE IS as good as his word. He's not going to complain and raise HELL if he got what he had thought he was getting. I'd be pi$$ed too!!
Anyway Eric, I hope it all works out for you. Any DECENT person would make it right with you!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
That and the above pictured springs are too skinny to be SC springs.

Eric - they look AWESOME on the car, much better than the already good looking 25 spoke 16" stock wheels. Unfortunately I do not have any pics of "Sylvester" (Black cat with white GFX :D!) wearing the wheels, when the paint job is done this summer I'll post pics.

"Silver Slut" - I like that :D! She's a good looking car too.

Any news on the situation with that asswipe from FL?

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
OH FLORIDA FRED?!?!?! That guy is a punk! I bought SC seats off him and they were trash. Plus he sent it to me and I had to pay 375.00 for shipping from Florida to S.C.

Eric is a stand up guy. I just wish I could put the heads on my car. I was really looking forward to it. However, "Esther" is no longer the only love in my life and she will have to stay parked a little more often. You guys can thank a little lady named Anna; because of her, you guys wont have me to worry about any more. ;)

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Big-Al

You may have a love in your life besides the "Bird" but now don't go and get all stupid on us and such!!!;) There is room for both. Maybe not at the level you did before but still got to allow some time to play with the toys!!. Hope you aren't planning on getting rid of the bird??:rolleyes: Just remember, wherever you and the bird are welcome, so is Anna. Lady MTNCAT goes with me to most all the events and such I attend. She even enjoys cooking for the folks some and once in a while takes the 1MTNCAT down the 1/4 mile boogie as well!!! And that's a fact, just ask around!! Whatever, Good Luck!!

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
That's awesome, Steve!
Anna refuses to get behind the wheel of "Esther," she's afraid, even terrified to drive it. Every time I ask her if she wants to drive, her eyes get real big and her eyebrows raise and she says "No way! I'm not driving 'Esther' she goes too fast!"
I just roll my eyes. At least she respects the car ;)

Well, I am not putting "Esther" away or anything; I'm just not going to put anymore big money into her. She's fast enough to roast the imports and a lot of Mustangs so that's good enough I guess.

.....ok, ok; so it hurts me to say that but I really don't have a choice. I keep telling myself that there is a small chance Anna will leave me and then I can go back and put all the stuff on "Eshter" that I want to! But until then, I will be saving up for the big rock and what-not.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts