TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
168,000 miles with some body damage. 30MPG 4cyl Leather interior:...I have a 2005 Expedition 4X4 get 16MPG and a 96 T-bird that gets 20ish MPG...I have to have better MPG...Anyone have a similar car? What can you do to them to make them run better...Buyin it from a friend...

·
Registered
224 Posts
From what I have known, breathing helps out a lot on Integras...maybe even some underdrive pulleys...I would maybe go with a cold air intake...and then just general maintanence...you should be golden on mpg..

·
Registered
844 Posts
Two words...Fart can xD

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yeah - i feel kind of bad saying I would love to own an acura integra...i was looking at those before I found my thunderbird

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
yea the exterior would look just like that pic. Not too ricey but its the stock form of an integra from japan. its nice and simple, and yes i would rock one as well. Too bad i love my v8 and love is torque lol

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
168,000 miles with some body damage. 30MPG 4cyl Leather interior:...I have a 2005 Expedition 4X4 get 16MPG and a 96 T-bird that gets 20ish MPG...I have to have better MPG...Anyone have a similar car? What can you do to them to make them run better...Buyin it from a friend...
Get a JDM conversion, vaseline for the insurance, K20 Swap, the club, lo-jack, 2 pitbulls in the back seat, the other foot thingy, and maybe a 24-7 security guard and you should be golden.

·
Registered
224 Posts
svt - that is the greatest import security system i have ever thought of. I have even seen the biggest crap bucket imports get broken into all the time..they think people put great parts on the engine...or they just put a really loud stereo with their 3 inch muffler tip!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Cold air intake really helps with integras. Since you didn't specify it as a GSR i'm assuming it's a LS Vtec. Not as fun as a GSR or Type-R but nice cars to have. If it is in fact an LS Vtec and u are planning to keep the car for a while i would look into a GSR swap. I don't care what anybody says about ricers on this site, but an integra GSR will beat the majority of the cars on this site. Fart can or no fart can.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
JDM - the three devil letters.
Here's my story: I broke both fog light lenses on my Subaru last week after I hit a chunk of ice hidden under fresh snow. So after getting a quote of $550 from the dealer I logged on to ebay to see what's available. I found plenty of different lights that were used on my car, but anything remotely close to the projector type fogs I needed included the letters JDM in the listing. To my dissapointment I found out that anything that is listed as a JDM part makes the ricers flock all over whatever is in the listing and drives the price way up! So after a few days of poking around, I found the exact same set of lights that my car had and what do ya know.... they were reasonably priced. No JDM, no RACING, no JAPAN mentioned anywhere in the auction. $70 for a set shipped to my door. Maybe I should resell the busted lights as a JDM rare model and get more money back than I invested into the replacements. Hey the projectors are in good shape as just the outer lenses broke. Thanks for reading. [/rant]

Jim

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yeah true. I know people that have no problem paying over $3000 for the JDM integra conversion pictured above in this thread and that's used. Basically anything JDM is gonna cost you an arm and leg... UNLESS you have a family member that lives in Japan. AH HA! That's my hook ups for my dads Lexus IS300! Whoop! JDM Yo!

·
Registered
85 Posts
since it has leather, it has to be either a gsr or a special edition(ls non-vtec) my last car was a gsr(got stolen) and it was by far the BEST car i have ever owned. just keep up on general maintnece and you will be golden. these cars a very well tuned from the factory so and intake dose not do ****. if your looking for info you may want to check out www.teamintegra.net

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What is JDM? Just Dump money? Any way, I don't think it is a GSR, I don't know what that is either. all I know is that it runs great has brand new tires, brakes and had a complete tune up last month. I am keeping the 96 T-bird for....UM weekends? At least thats what I told my better half. I am not too sure what I am gonna do to the T-bird. Maybe, exploder motor and or PI swap w/ Supercharger. It remains to be seen what will come of either car.

One last ?? is a Fart can one of those loud anoying mufflers I keep hearing all over the base?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
yeah.. that makes it sound like the driver has irritable bowel syndrome... they slap the biggest muffler they can find on the end of a 1 1/2" exhaust... and it sounds like angry bees.... st00pid ricers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts