TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well, i found a VERY nice 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC for $2100. I'm planning on buying it to replace my 97 3.8 Thunderbird as my daily driver. will my rims fit on a mark VIII? will my X-CAL 2 work with a mark VII? are there any issues that are common in mark VIII's that i should look for?

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Yes your 17 inch rims will fit the mark vIII. As far as issues with a mark be prepared to seafoam the top end to degunk the imrc's and be prepared to diagnose air suspension issues.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Also bolo tilt/tele column issues (noisy, starts and stops with switch in desired direction) weak or dead HID bulbs (turn on the headlamps, if they come on with a light that is close to the color of regular bulbs or has a bunch of flickering that may be a sign of a bad bulb/ballast), cup holder broken, air ride (if not converted to coils), non working neon rear brake lamp (on trunk lid), broken 1-2 shift accumulator springs (will be a hard 1-2 shift at part throttle). Cloudy headlights aren't an issue (easy fix) but beware of water spots on chrome on inside of housing (water intrusion)....think that's about it.

·
Super Moderator
9,185 Posts
Your XCal2 should work with the Mark, it is fully OBD-II compliant. You'll need new tunes though, of course.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, i checked all those things out and they seem to be in good condition other than the cup holder being broken. i think eventually i will convert to a regular suspension lowered by 1.5".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts