TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've searched and think this is a new topic, couldn't find it anywhere else

What specifically should I look at / look for when buying a 94/95 SC?

I've been looking at some LX's for awhile, but have always wanted a SC, so figure why not at least consider it, the insurance is just a little more, and there's one for sale at a dealer not too far from me...

So, I'm taking the wife to look at it, possibly tomorrow, but more likeley Sunday.

Can anyone point me to a list of things to check on a SC that would be different than an LX, you know, what to look for when buying a SC.

FWIW, the car is a teal 94, has the moonroof, 75k, auto (can't drive a stick that well anyways)

Dealer wants about 2k above blue book price, but I think I can haggle them down, possibly even below blue book price.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just be willing to shell out the cash/life-savings in case somethng goes wrong.

Look at all the repairs done on the car, watch head gaskets, any aftermarket parts (I wouldn't by heavily modded car), ride control system, brake system. Leaks around supercharger, any harsh driving problems.

Take it to your local ASE tech and have the car gone over fully.
Later
Brad:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
if you are looking for a 94/95 SC, look for a 5-Spd..... they are more rare, and when it comes time for you to want to let go of it you will be able to sell if for more.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KingBJ said:
if you are looking for a 94/95 SC, look for a 5-Spd..... they are more rare, and when it comes time for you to want to let go of it you will be able to sell if for more.
Well, the next SC will be a 5 speed so I can have one of each, but I'm amazingly happy with my 95 Pearl White auto SC ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts