TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys/gals, but this is getting old so I'm going to have to do a little ranting!! :zsoapbox:

Selling
1. Actually “have” what you are selling… :leftright
2. When people ask “Do you have this item?”… Reply “yes” or “no”…. Don’t ignore posts and PM’s.
3. If you sell the car you’re parting out, post that fact and lock (or have it locked) the thread
4. If a price has been agreed upon…. Let the person know how to pay you!!
5. Ship the item(s) in a timely manner and let the buyer know when and how it shipped.
6. If it is going to take a while to remove a part, let the buyer know so they can plan accordingly.
7. If there is a delay of some type, let the buyer know so they can plan accordingly.

Buying
1. If you want something and say you will buy it, either friggin’ buy it or let the seller know you changed your mind. Don’t leave them hanging!!
2. If something is too expensive in your opinion, make an offer. Most prices (unless specified) are negotiable.
3. If you buy something and receive it and there are no issues, let the seller know so they know it’s a “done deal”
4. If you want something for free, at least offer to cover shipping…. Or as a minimum say “thank you” when you receive the item!!!
5. If you want to borrow something for testing and someone offers the item… get back to them!!!

I’m seeing more and more “transactions” where people are just being rude and leaving people hanging! :redmad:

OK, I'm done now and feel better. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
wow... *pushes you off the soapbox* well, that was educational. some good points tho, i was late shipping an item, but i kept in contact with my buyers, and made sure they understood my dilemma. also offering a refund if they didnt want to wait. that is good etiquette. just ignoring someone.. or taking the money to run.. is wrong. i may ask about cars, or make offers (usally getting flamed by the sellers for lowballing, as i dont really have a clear idea of most parts' worth) but i have had a genuine interest in a few cars for sale on here... so yeah... lol. good post.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
How about this for sellers:

If you don't post a price expect people to low ball you. If you give prices and you don't post that they are non-negotiable expect people to haggle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts