TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some new contacts. Is there a good inexpensive place to buy them online? Don't know if 1800Contacts is good, or if there is a better place. I don't have a vision plan, so it doesn't matter if they take them or not. I have my prescription, they're toric lenses. I just need to get new contacts since these are a few months old.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Different brands can be cheaper at different places. Do a google search for the brand you're looking for then compare a handful of the stores to get the cheapest price. That's what I do. I've used 1800Contacts before and had no problems with them. Sometimes I go elsewhere though.

The prescription is no older than 1 yr, right? Congress f'd us over on that one a couple years back. Changed the law and required rx's to be no older than one year for internet shopping.

John

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the vision center at wal mart is surprisingly cheap. as is costco.
Sweet. We got both here.

I don't know why you need to have a perscription to order vision stuff. You of course want the best vision possible. :zdunno: Or I could just go wearing the same pair of glasses for 30 years... Makes no sense.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sweet. We got both here.

I don't know why you need to have a perscription to order vision stuff. You of course want the best vision possible. :zdunno: Or I could just go wearing the same pair of glasses for 30 years... Makes no sense.
You have to have a yearly prescription so that you're forced to go to the eye doc every year for an exam and hand them over the money. That's what it's all about.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He sold me 2-years worth of contacts. I went every couple years or 3.

·
Registered
386 Posts
That's what I do too. I just stock up on a few year's worth when I have a valid rx. Or I wait until just before the rx expires and then stock up again.

·
8,239 Posts
around here we have an outfit called america's best contacts. They are very cheap, and have doctors on-site. For well under 100 bucks I get an eye exam and six months worth of disposable contacts.

1800 contacts was not cheaper than any place else I have looked. You pay for the easy factor of having them shipped to your home.

I agree with the walmart and costco comment, but the service might not be so great at walmart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts