TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Pi heads and cam's is there a model number? And do they currently still produce them because my very good friend works for a ford stealership and can get stuff at their cost, currently he's going to get me a 2002 Ford Explorer Engine if they can find one, He said it'll be around 2200 dollars in a crate.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
people were buying explorer engines for $800 to $1200, so it's not that great of a deal.

I believe PI heads retail for ~$500 each. There are two castings, windsor and romeo. romeos are preferred becasue you don't need new valve covers, and the oil fill tube doesn't get in the way of the intake tube.

It's easy to tell, they have square intake ports (instead of round) and have heart shaped combustion chambers.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
I'd say if you really want a PI engine look around a bit more. There has been a price spike in these engines lately, likely due to the increase in demand but there are still deals to be found.

And with that, 2000 posts!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So they still produce the Romeo Pi Heads and stuff? Cause I might be able to get a good deal, and maybe help some other people out too..

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GreenBird said:
people were buying explorer engines for $800 to $1200, so it's not that great of a deal.

I believe PI heads retail for ~$500 each. There are two castings, windsor and romeo. romeos are preferred becasue you don't need new valve covers, and the oil fill tube doesn't get in the way of the intake tube.

It's easy to tell, they have square intake ports (instead of round) and have heart shaped combustion chambers.
Was that 800-1200 USD and Used?

Because these are 1700 USD

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dang that isn't a deal at all, ****y... I went and drove all over hell's half acre looking at cars, damn there's just not one good car around

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Check engine prices at karkraft.com... they have interesting pieces and prices ... ever changing....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts