TCCoA Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 100 Posts
Yea I gotta say from reading the other posts about a 5.4 4v from those guys had me hesitant to even post what I am doing but I have to say a big thanks to all you guys who have given good info, a little sarcastic banter never hurt anyone! I can come up with a little bit of cash to help out especially as much info as I've gleaned from this site. And this is the only site I've posted my build on just so I don't have to hear from the "stooges", pretty sure they got run off with their ignorance!

I'll also donate something to the cause of buying TCCoA back. Also I think once it is back in the hands of an enthusiast, paid membership will probably go up. I know myself, the only reason I am not a paying member is because I know the money would be going to some corporation that could care less about tbirds, and not to someone who I can trust to have the club's interests in mind.

the only reason I am not a paying member is because I know the money would be going to some corporation that could care less about tbirds, and not to someone who I can trust to have the club's interests in mind.
^^ +1 :)

I would send some money to buy it back but I have heard the cost of site obscene. I suppose if everyone sent $100.00 to the cause, we might have enough.

I was reading the thread over on sccoa, man what a bunch of jack asses lol. NO MERGER. I wouldnt mind paying a share to make tccoa "enthusiast owned" as long as the price is right.
I'm one of the two owners of SCCoA and we are doing our best to keep the negative comments towards TCCoA to a minimum and that is why I deleted some of the post by Fast Freddie (aka ThunderRoad). I would appreciate it if you guys could try to do the same. IMO..This isn't a SCCoA vs. TCCoA thing, it's a how for TCCoA to best move forward thing.

As most of you probably know, a merger of TCCoA and SCCoA is not really practical or desirable because the two clubs are each geared toward serving different models. TCCoA doesn't have much SC specific content and SCCoA doesn't have much content that would be useful to the average Thunderbird, Cougar, Mark VII & Mark VIII owners.

I think your best option is to try and get Eric to turn over control of the club to a group of TCCoA members. Once that happens, I will gladly renew my membership.

Good luck, David

I'm one of the two owners of SCCoA and we are doing our best to keep the negative comments towards TCCoA to a minimum and that is why I deleted some of the post by Fast Freddie (aka ThunderRoad). I would appreciate it if you guys could try to do the same. IMO..This isn't a SCCoA vs. TCCoA thing, it's a how for TCCoA to best move forward thing.

As most of you probably know, a merger of TCCoA and SCCoA is not really practical or desirable because the two clubs are each geared toward serving different models. TCCoA doesn't have much SC specific content and SCCoA doesn't have much content that would be useful to the average Thunderbird, Cougar, Mark VII & Mark VIII owners.

I think your best option is to try and get Eric to turn over control of the club to a group of TCCoA members. Once that happens, I will gladly renew my membership.

Good luck, David
Kudos and well said David.

Discussion starter · #47 ·
It's nice to see we have a group of people here that are willing to donate to the cause.. :thumbsup:

Doing the math..It would only take a handful of generous members to get where we need to be..

I would like to see Eric post a number up publicly!

All the rumors I've heard so far have the net worth of TCCoA still within our reach if Eric is willing to play ball..

I'm a firm believer that no price is set in stone, and there is always room for negotiations..

It might not be a bad idea to start talks with Bill as well..I'd like to hear his take on this situation, and what his plans are going forward..

Maybe someone that talks to Bill on a more regular basis can let him know we'd like his input..I'm sure Eric let him know what's going on..

Bill are you out there?

Rayo..

I would like to see this all take place publicly. I wasnt around when the site was sold last, but it seemed like ALOT of people were left out in the dark through the whole thing.

I would agree a public number is a very good idea.

Side note: I've been an online forum guy for a long time. Years ago a forum was owned/run by one person, and he was willing to sell, but, at a very unreasonable price (this was around 2006)

Several members got together, and simply created a new site/forum. Sure, was it bad to loose that old information - absolutely, but, 8 years later, that forum is but a memory, and the new site that was created by the users is 20 times larger than the original one.

Hosting can be had at a reasonable monthly cost. I don't know what the "real" traffic here is, but, with limited picture hosting, I don't think the monthly bandwidth can be horrid either. I would guess that the site traffic is between a good shared host, or requiring a dedicated server.

A license for vBulletin can be had for about $250 to start I think. I would not recommend a "used" license any longer as vBulletin has restricted the ability to transfer used licenses.

I've created and run several forums over the years, one went onto greener pastures (was locally based) and one that I created for a group of ladies who like to "chatter" - in less than three short years, they hit 1,000,000 posts with less than 500 users (now, nearly 300 are daily active)

I would agree a public number is a very good idea.

Side note: I've been an online forum guy for a long time. Years ago a forum was owned/run by one person, and he was willing to sell, but, at a very unreasonable price (this was around 2006)

Several members got together, and simply created a new site/forum. Sure, was it bad to loose that old information - absolutely, but, 8 years later, that forum is but a memory, and the new site that was created by the users is 20 times larger than the original one.

Hosting can be had at a reasonable monthly cost. I don't know what the "real" traffic here is, but, with limited picture hosting, I don't think the monthly bandwidth can be horrid either. I would guess that the site traffic is between a good shared host, or requiring a dedicated server.

A license for vBulletin can be had for about $250 to start I think. I would not recommend a "used" license any longer as vBulletin has restricted the ability to transfer used licenses.

I've created and run several forums over the years, one went onto greener pastures (was locally based) and one that I created for a group of ladies who like to "chatter" - in less than three short years, they hit 1,000,000 posts with less than 500 users (now, nearly 300 are daily active)
But I have such nice TCCOA stickers to go on the car in spring :D

...This isn't a SCCoA vs. TCCoA thing, it's a how for TCCoA to best move forward thing.

Good luck, David
I, for one, appreciate your support. :)

You been a good member here; and I love what you've built, both site and cars.

Most of the badmouthing I saw over on sccoa was from people who've thrown hissy fits whevever they're asked to follow the forum rules, particularly classifieds. They can ***** and moan about mods like myself all they want but half the time it's regular members who PMed me about post padding shenanigans or bypassing the sections all together. Why? Because it's obnoxious to everyone and unnecessary if they just read the rules.

The rest were banned for their bad personalities, and I can name a tweedle dee tweedle dumb due who got banned from SCCoA that was an equivelant to our Miller and Freddy. Remember Jim Demmit Jr. and that little leghumper he had? Yeah.

I won't badmouth SCCoA because we're equals as far as I'm concerned. The interest in these cars is dwindling no matter what engine so we're all obviously of similar mindsets and in reality would probably get along fine if it weren't for the tribalism between the clubs. So for the badmouthers I see perpetuating that rift, go **** yourselves :D

I would contribute whatever I can. But that isn't much. I've learned a lot from these pages. I'd hate to lose them.

I love this site and these cars. I would hate to see it shut down. I know nothing about computers or websites. I would definitely be a paying member if was owned by someone on the site. I payed once to be member but my status never got activated. I have seen how much some of you guys have invested in your cars so I am sure somebody from here could buy it from that Eric guy

Count with me too but I'm agree we need to negotiate that $7500 price is too high and make all the negotiations public .

Not as active since my bird got rearranged by someone :( . Still tho , I would love to help in buying the site back and keeping it going. This is a great site for info and people :) .. Someone plz keep this idea on the fire.

Here is an idea; what if a trusted long-term member set up a separate PayPal account under something like tccoafund@gmail.com or something like that, then give it a fixed time period for people to contribute what they are willing, say 30 days or so, and at the end of that time, we offer Eric whatever we have raised. At that point, if he accepts, the club would be jointly owned by what members had contributed to buying it, and a club president and treasurer could be nominated and elected by the owners. If the offer is not accepted, all donations would be refunded, and no harm is done.

41 - 60 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.