TCCoA Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 100 Posts
I will gladly turn in 7500 of my posts to pay for the site. :tongue:

j/k

good luck with the desicions guys, yall got this :)

Discussion starter · #83 ·
at least rayo is trying to make progress. I haven't heard any other ideas yet.
Thanks Rick.. :)

Yeah..That's all I was trying to do was make some progress by putting some ideas out on the table..

"There's people that sit, and let thing happen around them..Then there's people that take action, and do something about it."

You can figure out where I fit in that saying..

You can't fault me for trying to help TCCoA survive.. :ssalute:

That being said..I support our fine staff of Administrators to take care of negotiations..

When an agreement is reached..We'd all like to know so we can do our part to contribute some $$$

Rayo..

We will need Members. Forever, and recurring; lol.

Hang with it; Business is Poker, People don't want to show our cards.

Dude wants as much as possible, "We*" want to pay as little as possible; that's business.

An equitable solution will be found, and we will all be happier.

Even Bill. :)

*This is all of us; TCCOA as a whole. I do not speak for anyone other than myself.

Good thing the ball never got returned back to us, since I have my eye on a little Lathe/Mill combo thingee :D Either that or a separate lathe and milling machine. Need to make more things! This 20ton hydraulic press is getting limiting! lol

As GM said, the "ball" is in Auto Authority Network's (Eric's) court. What happens next is up to him and how long that might take is anybody's guess. :zdunno:

Just spit-balling here, but once/if an amount is established, why not consider a crowd-funding site for the fund-raising part?
because no one on the current admin/mod list would want to deal with the implications of having many people fund a site, and thus partially own a forum. It just wouldn't work

As it is, we already have to deal with non-admin/mods thinking they own this place, imagine if we had 100 of these? Nope, no thank you.

Discussion starter · #93 ·
As it is, we already have to deal with some mods thinking they own this place, imagine if we had 100 of these? Nope, no thank you.
Fixed..I agree.. :D

Anyways..I'm still waiting for the Administrators to come to an agreement with AAA on a price like everyone else..

The lack of interest on this subject by some of our Forum Leaders is rather disheartening though..

Worst case scenerio, and a deal can't be reached..What does AAA actually own when it comes to TCCoA?..The "name", and what else?

Rayo..

Anyways..I'm still waiting for the Administrators to come to an agreement with AAA on a price like everyone else..

The lack of interest on this subject by some of our Forum Leaders is rather disheartening though..

Worst case scenerio, and a deal can't be reached..What does AAA actually own when it comes to TCCoA?..The "name", and what else?

Rayo..
+1 :)

I'm glad that you feel that Forum Leaders are not interested just because our discussions are not on publicly viewable forums.
This.

I don't know where the forum leadership stands on TCCoA ownership, but wrangling an online community isn't exactly something you do in your free time to relax, and not for something you aren't on-board with.

Of all the variables involved in the issue, current forum leadership is pretty low on my list of worries.

Anyways..I'm still waiting for the Administrators to come to an agreement with AAA on a price like everyone else...
As previously explained, the ball is completely in AAA's court at this point, not ours. But by all means, accuse the guys that have actually made an offer to buy back the site of dragging their feet. :rolleyes:

Discussion starter · #98 ·
As previously explained, the ball is completely in AAA's court at this point, not ours. But by all means, accuse the guys that have actually made an offer to buy back the site of dragging their feet. :rolleyes:
I realize that, and I'm not accusing the Administrators of dragging their feet..Since the negotiations are in their hands..

The negotiations are however not in the hands of the moderators, and the lack of enthusiasm from some of them is disheartening..

Don't try, and twist this around to make me look like the bad guy..

In fact..I would have not even commented on this thread again until an agreement had been reached between AAA ,and the Administrators on a price..

Had a certain individual not started this thread back up..Just to comment on how he's glad the "ball is not rolling" so he can spend his $$$ on other stuff.. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know what AAA actually owns when it comes to TCCoA?..The "name", and what else?

Rayo..

I realize that, and I'm not accusing the Administrators of dragging their feet..Since the negotiations are in their hands..

The negotiations are however not in the hands of the moderators, and the lack of enthusiasm from some of them is disheartening..

In fact..I would have not even commented on this thread again until an agreement had been reached between AAA ,and the Administrators on a price..

Had a certain individual not started this thread back up..Just to comment on how he's glad the "ball is not rolling" so he can spend his $$$ on other stuff.. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know what AAA actually owns when it comes to TCCoA?..The "name", and what else?

Rayo..
Thank you for this post, really. It just shows how little you know. I like how you all of a sudden decided for the whole club, how Moderators are not permitted in any way, shape, or form, to deal with this issue of negotiations. I won't mention any names, but one of the current Moderators, who was appointed as such by myself I might add, has been instrumental in this whole thing. Yup, a moderator--whom I am glad I appointed as such because they have taken a strong leadership role in the entire club. Leadership goes not necessarily by title, as you have clearly shown to think so.

Rayo..
Just because you haven't seen anything posted by the "Forum Leaders" doesn't mean that there's a lack of interest and that there haven't been discussions taking place outside the forum. Quite the contrary.

I'm sorry that you're disheartened.

Don't presume to know who's doing what as far as discussions with AAN are concerned.

I was surprised to see this thread bumped as well.

Until we hear back from AAN I'm going to lock this thread. There's nothing more here to discuss. An offer was made on February 18, that offer is under consideration and until a decision is made by AAN - one way or another - there's nothing more to say.

Rayo..
Do you really have to ask? Besides the name they "own" all the heartache that goes with operating a site like this which is probably why they're looking to sell it ...

81 - 100 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.