TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i maybe buying another t-bird while im rebuilding my 93. i want a 94 and newer but what years should i look at? its got to have a V-8. so what are the years i should look for? id like to do some small things to it like cold air, headers ect. not to much. the other cars i have a all 302s, except for my saturn. So i got no idea what to look for when buying a newer t-bird so any help would be nice.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
IMO, if your going to get a 4.6L, get a 96. Compared to a 94-95 it has a better trans, heads, and intake. the plastic intake can crack, but replacement is cheap and fairly easy. The 97s have a less desirable cluster, and often don't have as many options as 96s. headers won't gain you much and there's only one real option, Kook's from SCP. I have a set, but I also have a fully worked over motor. Your better off doing a manifold back exhaust, J-mod to the transmission, and maybe gears.

Any mn12 is dirt cheap these days, so you should be willing to pay a premium for a low mileage and/or well maintained car. You should be able to get an immaculate car for $3K.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not far from where i live theres a 1980 mustang for sale, 302 auto. pretty cheap. which would be a better buy? the mustang is cost is less then 1500.

·
Registered
792 Posts
well i bout my car for $1000,its not in the best condition,but its mechanicly good,with over 200k miles,still runs fine,now,a mustang has probably has the stew run out of it.my opinion though

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
not far from where i live theres a 1980 mustang for sale, 302 auto. pretty cheap. which would be a better buy? the mustang is cost is less then 1500.

do you want an 11 year old car or a 27 year old car?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts