TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i just hooked a amp i bought yesterday, its a 4 channel pioneerand when u crank the car up and run it it starts buzzin through the speakers. i was thinkin it was a ground prob am i right?:confused:

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
if it was grounded wrong it wouldnt work. i think. sounds like interference. i have that with my serious satellite radio.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
could be a ground issue, could be a few things though, as you can read in my post "it never ends lol" Does the buzz get worse when you hit the gas? do you get sound and buzz, or just buzz?

·
Registered
294 Posts
if it was grounded wrong it wouldnt work. i think. sounds like interference. i have that with my serious satellite radio.
all debate, all the time? :p

yea, sound like interference to me.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea the sound gets worse when u rev the motor.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where would the interferance be comeing from?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
usually when it gets worse with rmp's its a bad ground, go back and clean up all your grounds with some sandpaper and some compressed air. If that doesnt do the trick did you run your rca's down the same side as the power cable? if so move the rca's to the passanger side. Also check the gain on the amp make sure its not higher then your EQ settings on your HU this will give a static sound when the sound is off but the radio is on. If none of this cures your issues come back and let me know these issues are tricky since there are so many variables. Also make sure you use quality rca cables.

·
Super Moderator
11,175 Posts
Cheaper amps make more noise; adding a cap might work...

As was mentioned above, grounds are critical. Look over 'thewiskah's' post on this section.

Other sources are the caps on the coilpacks, bad plug wires, dirty battery connections...

try disconnecting the input to the amp, and see if the noise is still there. that's where I'd start.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys i'll check it out and get back to ya.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts