TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the last few times ive driven my car, ive turned the car off and this loud buzzing sound start coming from beneath my feet. When I press the brake pedal I can feel the vibration in my feet, sometimes it stops when I touch the pedal, other times it doesnt, the anitlock light came on for a bit the other day, then turned off. Any ideas?

You can email me at [email protected] or post here. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Let’s see if I can help: I don't know what year, make, model, sub-model vehicle you're talking about, but I would say you have a problem with the ABS system....

Seriously, how do you expect us to be able to help you when you don't give us a friggin' hint as to what vehicle you have?!??!?!? :zbash:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lmfao

Wow. My apologies, I was at work and multitasking. It's a 1994 Mercury Cougar V8, Auto. Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone? The buzzing runs for about 5 minutes after my car shuts off. Curious what im looking at here. Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Unfortunately I don't know enough about the ABS to provide any more assistance. I was hoping some other people would chime in.

The safe bet might be to just bite the bullet and have a stealership diagnose the problem. They should have the test equipment to properly test the ABS system. I have no clue how much that diagnosis might cost, but stealership = $$$$$$$. :beek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
put an ad up on craigslist or something, Ask for a local mechanic with ABS diagnostic ability. Or ask around town. Much cheaper going to someone who does it out of their own garage then a dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts