TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Yes I hunt, I enjoy the great outdoors....and killing little cute fuzzy defenseless animals that have never hurt a thing in their life...then I devour them. Sorta like a cave man. Though much more humanely, witch a small chunk of lead instead of a club. I must say I don't need a bumper dumper though.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TurboCat said:
killing little cute fuzzy defenseless animals that have never hurt a thing in their life...then I devour them. Sorta like a cave man. Though much more humanely, witch a small chunk of lead instead of a club.
let it out, man.... tell us how you really feel :leftright: :D

·
Registered
722 Posts
SC_Steve said:

let it out, man.... tell us how you really feel :leftright: :D
Yeh ........ come on ........ dont sugar-coat it TurboCat ...... Tell us what it like to kill something that cant shoot back!!! :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

·
Registered
658 Posts
I am also a hunter.
In the bible in genisis God gave man control of the animals and to harvest them as needed.

Killing a deer is harvesting as needed, genocide of all cows is not harvesting as needed.

At least the meat that I eat had a chance to enjoy life before its death. Cows are fed steroids and kept in small quarters until some man at a slaughter house beats it to death.

Just my honest opinion
danman

·
Registered
722 Posts
danman,
My post was in jest ......... I too have a frezzer full of wild game .......... Deer, Phesant, fish and all sorts of small woodland creatures ............

Mmmmmm, makes me hungry just thinking about it, maybe I should have a BBQ Deer burger for lunch instead of a big mac! Yep, that's the ticket!

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
Also,
Hunting is the best (only?) way to prevent over population.
With out hunting crap like THIS would happen more often:

Also, with over population you get 'inbreeding' and then you get deformed deer.
I've heard of some whose antlers grow in a curve and grow thru their skull into thier brain and kill them.

Deer are also rather tasty.

I've had deer in Lasagna, chilli beans, as a 'roast', jerky and in tacos.
Just about any thing you would normally use hamburger, you can substitute deer...
and my friend who's dad hunts regularly, uses deer as long as she has it.

mmmmmmmm
good stuff.:cool:

P.E.T.A. = T3H D3VIL

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not a huge fan of deer meat... I don't know why. I like deer jerky but that's about it... maybe I just always ate meat that wasn't prepared very well???:confused: Lol, ever have to skin a deer that had been laying dead in a ditch for a week.... man does that stink.... peee-ewww.. just nasty, lol:D Damned Vo-tech

·
Registered
722 Posts
AndyR said:
Also,
Hunting is the best (only?) way to prevent over population.
P.E.T.A. = T3H D3VIL
We have a major problem in Iowa with "deer vs. cars" We had 9 deer hit on road in front of my house last winter. The police had to put one of them down in my front yard after it had been hit by a 3/4 Dodge pickup. (It was new and still had the paper plate in the window). It did over $3000 damage to it! Ouch!

After we get about 6-8 of snow on the ground Its not unusual to see 10-20 dear in the feild behind my house. I even get them in my back yard.

There is actually a company that comes in and thins the heards around here ever so often. The meat is processed and it is given to the local food banks so it is not wasted.

P.E.T.A. = People Enjoying Tasty Animals

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
What's funny is the people that say:
"Oh, I don't/won't eat deer."

Heh heh heh
"Yes you do :D; You just don't know you do ;) "

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AndyR said:
What's funny is the people that say:
"Oh, I don't/won't eat deer."

Heh heh heh
"Yes you do :D; You just don't know you do ;) "
hahaha, it's called hotdogs, lol

·
Registered
722 Posts
SC_Steve said:
I'm not a huge fan of deer meat... I don't know why. I like deer jerky but that's about it... maybe I just always ate meat that wasn't prepared very well
SC_Steve ,
If you dont like that "wild" taste, a trick to kill it is to soak it in whole milk over night.

The milk will pull some of the blood out of the meat without making it tough. (The blood is were the "wild" flavor comes from!)

When I do burger, I usually cut it with 50% beef ....... (70% lean) this helps the flavor and also keeps it from falling apart on the grill.

My favorite deer meal is to put a rear 1/4 on the rotisory and slow cook it for about 8 hours. When it comes off the fire you can pull it apart with a fork. Add a little BBQ sause (just a little for flavor) and some fresh garlic and you have a great main dish. A baked patato, some garlic bread and a Ice Cold beverage and you got a great meal.

Jeesh, now I am hungry ........

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
mmmmmmmm

Sounds good forcefed. I have never tried venison but you make it sound pretty damn good. When am I comin over for you to whip me up some? heeheehee Oh..and by the way, that bumper dumper is a great idea. I was actually thinking about something liek that awhile ago and how I should patent something like that. beaten to the punch once again.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Sounds good forcefed. I have never tried venison
Wait a minute..............You live in Pennsylvania and you have never had Venison?!

Tell me the truth. Your really from Jersey but too afraid to admit it aren't you.

danman

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
Actually...I am born in raised in the same town, which is about 45 min. northeast of Philadelphia. The funny thing is though, my fiance lives t the bottom tip of New Jersey and I am planning on moving there in the very near future. I have had some bad dealings with deer though. When i was in 2nd grade a guy had a bunch of deer strapped to a tree upsidedown right next to the playground. I remember playing out there and saw them. Then I witnessed the guy out there gut and skin them right in front of all us kids. It is an image permanently burned into my mind now. Kind of a bad experience starting young. I also almost got attacked by a deer once but it kind of backed off after I yelled. I was walking down a road at like 4 am in the middle of nowhere with only a lighter providing me light. It leaped out at me and stood on its hind legs at me, coming towards me. It scared the bajeezus outta me. Deer and I have had some bad deaings in my life, LOL.
:zwall:

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
Bob Kinee said:
Deer and I have had some bad deaings in my life, LOL.
All the more reason to eat them:D

·
Registered
722 Posts
Re: mmmmmmmm

Bob Kinee said:
Sounds good forcefed. I have never tried venison but you make it sound pretty damn good. When am I comin over for you to whip me up some? heeheehee
The bigest problem with deer is that it is so lean that it drys out when you cook it. I baste it with beer or a maranade .... and I also use a dry-rub sometimes. (Always when I do burgers)

The dry-rub is made up of:

1/2 Cup Garlic Powder
1/4 Cup Paprika
1/4 Cup Chilli Powder
1/4 Cup Salt
1/8 Cup Cayanne Pepper
1/8 Cup Course Black Pepper

and a pinch of All Spice

If I really want to blow someone away, I also us this maranade ........

Mix equal parts water and Worchestershire sause with about 8-10 drops of "Wrights Liquid Smoke" into a sprayer bottle and spray the meat every few minutes when it's on the grill.

Note: if you are sitting within 50 feet of the grill when doing this be sure to give your guests a towel to wipe there faces and shirts off ........... they will be drueling uncontrolably in about two minutes!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Re: mmmmmmmm

forcfed93 said:
Note: if you are sitting within 50 feet of the grill when doing this be sure to give your guests a towel to wipe there faces and shirts off ........... they will be drueling uncontrolably in about two minutes!
sounds like a winner to me, lol. I'll have to try that out sometime.... It atleast sounds pretty tasty... mmmmmmmmmm :D

·
Registered
722 Posts
Re: Re: Re: mmmmmmmm

SC_Steve said:
sounds like a winner to me, lol. I'll have to try that out sometime.... It at least sounds pretty tasty... mmmmmmmmmm :D
The first rule in the resturaunt business is: "You sell the sizzle, not the steak!"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts