TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, yesterday the bird got hauled off to its final resting place.. its a sad thought. i spent 8 months and about $3000 restoring and working on the body and interior so it would be like mint condition when i was done (plus a few extra things for the looks factor). all that was left was getting it painted. but in january the piston rod bearings went on my measly 3.8 at 148001 miles. up untill the day i heard it go, the engine was running absolutely great. accelerated well (for a 3.8 n/a), never missed, started always without a problem and never stalled or anything. seemed like it couldve gone for about another 50 or 60k. well... i didnt have the time or money to sink into a new driveline (i wasnt going to stay with a 3.8, i was gonna go 5.0 and then you know, not to far downt he road i would have needed a new trans a rearend...). i was going to do the driveline next winter/spring when i had the extra cash. my goal for the summer was to make a nice looking car (it had some body damage and i wanted to upgrade things..). well, i got pretty much everything i put on back off of it, and it wasnt easy pushing it out of hte garage and leaving the title in the driver seat before going to school so it could be taken away. i loved that car much more than i shouldve. but anyways, i will hopefully be cruising in a SC by june (89 - 93, for i will not part with the cervinis hood). anyways, i just had to get it out, its been bugging me all weekend. once you go mn12, you dont go back. -greg

·
Registered
970 Posts
Wow man, I had no idea that happened. I'm super sorry to hear it. I know how much you loved that car, and how much time and money you put into it.

Goodluck on your hunt for an SC. It's gonna be sweet when you get the cervinis hood on that bad boy and your cruising around town.

You'll have the baddest pizza delivery car out there!!! :D

Later on,
-Danimal

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Greg - Sorry man - It was hard enough for me to watch my 'Bird get trailered away when my right lower ball joint went out. And I knew it would be back.. But yours won't.. Hopefully you find the SC soon. Trust me, you'll like it :D

And as far as delivering pizza in a Super Coupe - maybe you can keep the "Delivered in under 30 minutes" true for just about anywhere in town hehe..

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol yea, i dont do deliveries any more (even though i made in two nights more than i make at my other job in a week) because i couldnt stand the management. i had to fight with them to get my birthday off and i only asked for two days off total in over 7 months. plus they always yelled at me for silly sh!t that was someone else's fault. but yea, i miss that thing. a friend came over today, and i we had to put something in the garage, and he was like "wheres the tbird?" oh well.... maybe it is for the better... we will find out eventually. -greg

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Danimal said:

:uppoint: too bad a pizza can't experience 1g of lateral acceleration and come out lookin pretty...

-Danimal
bah, just put it in a tray that is suspended from a U joint!

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
cougar 3.8 said:
what does it sounds like before the bearings go bad .
You may hear a whine that increases with speed but not rpm, and the car will feel wobblely.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You'll have the baddest pizza delivery car out there!!!

I enjoyed delivering... of course, now I'm a manager, so I don't deliver much any more. One time I pulled up to a lady's house with some food, and when she came to the door, she said "You know you live in Reading when the pizza delivery guy drives a nicer car than you do!"

Reading is a pretty upper-middle class town... lots of rich boys driving 2002 lexus and beemers and such...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts