TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Brandon,

Have you checked this out yet? I'm going to try to get some pictures of it in the morning.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,566 Posts
Hmmm, no, I have not. We are heading to the Hocking Hills region tomorrow for the week, maybe I'll head over to the airport (not accidentally it's right next door to where we're staying) and set up to take some photos! Hopefully the weather cooperates...

Reactions: Trunk Monkey

·
Super Moderator
12,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got these pictures this morning. It was such a beautiful morning for sky watching - not a cloud in the sky! My son and I saw the comet, Mars, Jupiter, Venus and Saturn. The ISS even graced us with a fly by. I shot enough photos to get a 6 second timelapse. It's hard to get enough exposures to do a longer timelapse when your exposures are 15 to 20 seconds a piece.

Nothing special with the video. Just a quick render.

·
Super Moderator
7,688 Posts
Wow! I'm going to have to make a point to check this out!

·
Super Moderator
12,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Mike. Happy Comet hunting. Take some binoculars with you.

·
Super Moderator
9,566 Posts
There were some clouds moving in tonight, but I got a couple decent ones in after the sun set. We'll see how things look tomorrow (it may be clear again), but humidity and storms set in Thursday. I tried a few shots with my zoom lens but its aperture is too small for me to get any shots with less than 8-10 second exposures, and with the higher zoom it becomes pretty obvious that there's motion blur due to the rotation of the earth. Anyway, here are a couple that I got with my 35mm f/1.8 lens at about 10 and 10:30 tonight, respectively.

I did also take a peek at it through the 5.5" scope; it's just a fuzzy blob but it was earlier/brighter when I looked. If I have an opportunity to look again tomorrow I'll see how it looks with a longer exposure. I had focus issues in the past with shots taken that way, but we'll see how it goes.

·
Super Moderator
12,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, weather will always affect visibility. Nice shots though! I think visibility is better in the morning than the evening but who wants to get up at 3 or 4 AM.

·
Super Moderator
9,566 Posts
Couple more shots from last night. At some point (after it clears up again) I plan to head back up to the lake where there's less light pollution to see how that impacts my photos...

·
Administrator
8,244 Posts
Pretty good shots there Brandon! (y)

Joe

·
Super Moderator
12,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great shots! I had to work this weekend or I would have gotten out to get some more pictures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts