TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have herd some good things about the new accufab and C+L plenums.
Is there anyone out there on our site that has tried these new plenums
with an intake spacer as well? Is there even more power and torque to
be had with both, or would it be overkill?
Would stock hood clearance be a problem?

Thanks.
Steve 4.6L

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have read that artical before from the modular depot, on the plenum
showdown. Those are some good numbers from simply changing the
upper plenum. But none of those pulls were with a spacer as well.
I was just curious to see if anyone on this site had
info on the 2 combined.

Thanks....

·
Registered
748 Posts
Here's another one to toss into the mix. Trick Flow also has a new plenum for the 4.6L SOHC's. Don't know how it rates with the others.......but I would think it would be close to the Accufab....look to be identical.

Just thought I'd toss it out there.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
OK, I'll give you a hint. Do a search of the archives for TB spacers and see what you come up with. I've typed the answer too many times before. But, I'll say it again, Spacers don't do Jack on 4.6's.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The theory behind a Spacer is that it swirls the air and gives for a better fuel atomization... This is PARTIALLY true... The fact is that on a carbureted vehicle, a spacer will give good gains, however on fuel injected vehicles, it does nothing... The swirling is occurring BEFORE the fuel is present, so it serves no purpose...

On a wet nitrous setup, it is a controversial bolt on... If the nitrous is properly tuned, it will cause better atomization, and give the nitrous more effect... If it is not tuned properly, or the RPMs are not up, puddling can occur, causing a nitrous explosion, which can cause serious damage to engine internals...

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
wot_racing said:
The theory behind a Spacer is that it swirls the air and gives for a better fuel atomization... This is PARTIALLY true... The fact is that on a carbureted vehicle, a spacer will give good gains, however on fuel injected vehicles, it does nothing... The swirling is occurring BEFORE the fuel is present, so it serves no purpose...

On a wet nitrous setup, it is a controversial bolt on... If the nitrous is properly tuned, it will cause better atomization, and give the nitrous more effect... If it is not tuned properly, or the RPMs are not up, puddling can occur, causing a nitrous explosion, which can cause serious damage to engine internals...
now thats what i call a good explanation....

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, this is my fault.
The kind of spacer that I was refering to
was the upper plenum spacer.
The spacer between the upper and lower plenums, not a TB spacer.
My bad....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Steve 4.6L said:
Ok, this is my fault.
The kind of spacer that I was refering to
was the upper plenum spacer.
The spacer between the upper and lower plenums, not a TB spacer.
My bad....
It is the same basic idea, only located in another location.. In theory, it provides more air in the plenum, which should provide better throttle response, however, the results are so small, they are not noticable..

If anything, this type of spacer is LESS effective than the TB spacer..

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok guys I get it, spacers dont do "JACK" as Rich would say..
I just figured I would ask before installing an upper plenum and
later finding out there would be an greater gain with a spacer as well.

Thanks all..
Steve

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Well, it's good you asked before you bought it, and then we would have just ragged on you for wasting your money:D J/K, but that's what the boards are here for, so people can make honest, informed decisions, and know what works, and what doesn't. I've tried a few of those mods before, and never actually seen a gain. You seem to feel a gain on the street, but I think it's because you WANT to feel it. Nothing worse than spending $100, and then come to find out it was for nothing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts