654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this new Plenum for 1996-97 4.6's
"C&L 4.6 True Flow intake Plenum"
On a stock headed and intaked motor ??

·
Registered
222 Posts
i have not but if you go to http://www.stangnet.com there is alot of info on it. bunch of guys have it on and are seeign power across the entire band, soewhere in the 10 hp ballpark. they say there is a huge seat of the pants difference as well. according to some people who claim to be in the new C&L is also workign on the lower intake as well. i really hope so. there is also a plenum otu called the dragon also, i think http://eee.modularfordpowerhouse.com has it. it is also good from what i am hearing.

·
Banned
538 Posts
Hey there Curtis, Everything is going good man.

That, C&L Plenum and a 75mm TB picks up a 5hp gain across the board, not just peak. Just came back from the dyno and saw it work on a 94 with stock heads mad 217rwhp.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
on modular depot, a guy made +8.9 HP and +13.9 ft-bs with a '03 GT........so im guessing for 96-97s with the better intake than the 94s, it will pick up between 5-9 HP and probably around 5-9 ft-lbs.........i'm thinking of picking up the C&L plenum/Accufab 70 or 75mm TB sometime before summer comes along

Edit: this reminded me of the article in the June '03 issue of MM&FF of the ported stock (GT) plenum by Ben Alameda Racing, which netted 10 HP and 14.9 lb ft of torque w/ stock TB on a Dynojet......for only $159 + $59 core charge.....seems like a better deal than the TB/plenums that sell for $400 a set.......what do you guys think?

EDIT #2: nevermind about EDIT #1 above.....just found out thru modular depot that those claims were never duplicated on an N/A car.....seemed too good to be true considering how much the aftermarket plenums/TBs were gaining

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BUDDY = Ha Ha Ha "Now the veterans show up" when this post was
listed on December 30th :eek: :ztoohot: :eek: :ztoohot: :eek: :ztoohot: not
January 17th

I forgot I haven't received my TCCoA Badges "stickers" yet.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
i thought to get that u need the 96 97 intake and u cant put it on a 94- 95?

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I never actually dynoed mine with my BBK 75mm throttle, but that was the first mod that I did to my Cougar along with the intake pipe and UPR Big Mouth filter. I did put the GTech to it before the mod and an hour later after the install and entered the same vehicle weight and drove down the same stretch of road. It said that I picked up 9 RWHP. Now, I know it's a GTech, so it's not completely accurate, but that same GTech told me that I consistantly had 128 RWHP stock when the dyno said 117, so I think there is some validity to the data, eventhough it's not hard fact.

Pete

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Justin

You are correct 1996 and up only - Also there is (2) different plenums
1996 - 2001 and 2001 and up.

Evaluating all response I beleive this is a great bang for the buck !!

$179.00 & Free Shipping from www.crmotorsports.com

Thanks All :ztoohot: :) :ztoohot: :)

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
what limited bird was saying is that it is a 94 but it has a pi manifold on top of it but still has stock heads and we gainrd 5 across the boardon a stock motoered 94 except for comps cams

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
The only thing is that you have to add another vacuum oulet for your power brakes. Also, the rear vacuum outlet is 3/8" while the stock is 1/4". If you buy an adapter, than can be fixed, and a I drilled and tapped a NPT fitting to 3/8" barbed for the brakes. I then used some transmission cooler hose to attach the brakes to the permanent 3/8" fitting on the piece, while I ran my PCV to the barbed fitting.

Pete

1 - 11 of 11 Posts