TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a bunch of information on changing out the ugly air intake tube on the 95 4.6. I just had a question about the vacuum tubing connected to the stock piece. If I buy a pipe tube from a part store will the hoses fit right to it. Do they have to be replaced/extended to fit? If anyone wants to post pictures of there's to give some different ideas. That would also be cool. This is the before and after Id like to maybe achieve. Thanks guys.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I have done the civic tube mod when I had that style intake manifold before with a bigger air filter. It had a cool sound. I also have that civic intake tube forsale In my parts forsale thread. It's all ready to just be bolted up. Lmk if that interests you.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
As far as looks go, I don't see how that green tube looks better than the violin case. At least with the violin case, you can blame the looks on it being a factory part.

Maybe if it was low gloss black or polished aluminum it would fit in better.

Al

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Sent you pm

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I don't see why people think the "violin case" intake tube is so bad. If my car had one I would be okay with it. IMO the 96-97 setup looks better... Is it possible to switch to the 96-97 setup?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Yup, intake swap.

Joe
Cold air intake really doesn't add all that much if any in terms of power. Cool sound when you nail it though.

Many to chose from

Bullit intake ( for PI heads but doable on the NPI heads)

Svo intake Which is NPI

Track heat intake mainfold for PI heads

Svo supercharger

Regular ole PI intake swap

Search the forums lots of info

Choose wisely my friend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts