TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started looking around on my 97... took down the catch code and Ford part # ... LJC1 and F7SF-12A650-BB, and looked around on car-part.com for a spare to reburn. The page told me my EEC was a california emissions setup. First of all, are there any physical differences to the engine, or just programming? And what effects on performance does the california stuff have?
PA does not yet do emissions testing where I live, and even if they did I doubt theyd notice if the car was a calif. emissions car. And ML2-334 is one of the EECs that can accomodate a knock sensor, is it not?

Thanks for any light anyone can shed on things, I'm a bit curious.

Tom

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Silver95Bird said:
I started looking around on my 97... took down the catch code and Ford part # ... LJC1 and F7SF-12A650-BB, and looked around on car-part.com for a spare to reburn. The page told me my EEC was a california emissions setup. First of all, are there any physical differences to the engine, or just programming? And what effects on performance does the california stuff have?
PA does not yet do emissions testing where I live, and even if they did I doubt theyd notice if the car was a calif. emissions car. And ML2-334 is one of the EECs that can accomodate a knock sensor, is it not?

Thanks for any light anyone can shed on things, I'm a bit curious.

Tom
If they did start doing emissions testing, you'd pass with FLYING colors, as California has the most strict emissions laws in the nation. You might have slightly less power, since your car is setup for California emissions laws....you could have fooled me with your 1/4 mile times though. :leftright

To the best of my knowledge the only difference is in the programming. Perhaps someone will chime in with much more concrete information than I can give....and we'll continue to watch those 1/4 mile times fall.
:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts