TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody from California able to find a cat back pipe setup like I'm looking for?

I have some magnaflow mufflers I got from a buddy.

I was hoping to get maybe a three inch pipe back from the cat to the rear Y and dual 2.5 pipe for the rear Y.

So far I can't seem to find that set up. I was referred to a nice true dual setup, but being I'm in California, I've been told that true dual pipes are a no-go here in the land of enviromania.

Any links and/or names/phone numbers would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Any decent exhaust should should be able to build a setup like youve described, 3" into 2.5's ..

Here in California, you have the option if using a Dual In / Out 3rd catalytic converter if you want to run a dual exhaust setup, but they will more than likely be 2" compression all the way down the line ..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was talking to a shop today that does custom exhaust. The guy there said I'd be basically wasting my money to do what I am thinking of doing.

He said I live in the wrong state. He said with the three cats up front, I will notice little if any performance improvement replacing the pipes from the cats back. He said the cats are the restriction in the system.

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
My dumb ass smoged my car with the shorty cats that come with the medrel bend exhaust.
Well talk about failing the emissions part!!

The guy never even bothered to do the visual but the sniffer got me!

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
I was talking to a shop today that does custom exhaust. The guy there said I'd be basically wasting my money to do what I am thinking of doing.

He said I live in the wrong state. He said with the three cats up front, I will notice little if any performance improvement replacing the pipes from the cats back. He said the cats are the restriction in the system.
Your car will be louder, that is for sure.

But he is right, you probably will not notice any performance gains. Your heads are actually the restriction in the system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts