TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aaron did you find out what was causing your car to run warm?????

Marvin M.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
I dont know what exactly was causing it...but it is fixed now. I basically flushed out the system real well with a radiator cleaning flush and with some pressure with the garden hose. I also hosed out the radiator from the back side real well to get any old dust, dirt and grime out. I also took off all the hoses and made sure they were clean and not cracked or anything. After all that I filled it up 50/50 with water/antifreeze and put a bottle of watter wetter in. All has been well since then. Are you still having problems with yours? What is it doing?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah mines i still running warm

i think its b/c i put in a 197 t-stat do you know if we are supposed to be running a 195 or a 197, b/c my fan kicks in a little to late, and i think thats why my car is running warm, im not sure though, i do know that after replacing my rad, my temp got way better, b/c before it would run past the M in NORM but now it will stay in the middle and then move to the R and back down when the fan kicks in, but sometimes it will go to the M, so im not sure, i think its b/c my fan kicks in to late. Do you know what else can cause a car to run warm????

Marvin M.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Yeah, it could be your t-stat. 197 sounds kinda high, I think the stock t-stats are 190* arent they? I have a chip and run a 180*, but I think I've heard people recommend using a 180* even if you dont have a chip. I may not show huge improvements, but it may help. Correct me if I'm wrong...don't want to be spreading bad info :rolleyes:

·
Registered
855 Posts
i believe that the stock tstat is 192/195 . i purchased a 180 degree (don't have a chip) for my 4.6 for like $4 at advance,......swapped out the stats and now my gauge is normally at the N in normal..........OCCASIONALLY it will hit in between the O and R.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts