TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get the cruise cable hooked up to the new explorer motor and am having some trouble.

Using 95 cruise cable(with the end trimmed for fuel line crearance) with 96 t-bird throttle bracket. The cable bolts to the bracket OK, but is then about an inch or two too short. It won't reach the throttle body hookup.:( I was under the impression the 96 bracket would make it a direct bolt-on.:confused:

I would really, really appreciate some pics of your cruise control cable setup. I prefer pics, but a good description might help.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, :bowdown:
Rob

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brian, I appreciate it.:)

Anybody else? Multiple examples would be great. Just like the valley coolant tube, I'm sure there are many solutions you guys have come up with.

Rob

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Yeah the '94 cruise cable wouldnt reach my '02 explorer TB, so I removed the clip that allows for adjustment and slid it all the way to the max setting, then it would reach. Just inspect your cruise cable for a little metal clip, almost like an E-clip and pop it off, then you can adjust it. Good luck!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I couldnt get the '94 cruise cable to go on the '96 bracket because the bolt location was in the wrong place. I drilled the threaded hole in the bracket out big enough to fit the "tit" sticking out of the cruise control cable then I drilled another hole through the bracket and used a bolt and nut to retain the cable. Cruise works fine! :D

-Rob

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rob
Yeah, I had to drill it also.

Is this e-clip located at the bracket mount or at the actuator?

How does yours run? Are you Happy with it?

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
It's on the cruise cable mount, the big plastic thing that bolts to the bracket. Just look for a metal clip and you should be able to find it. I'm pleased with my cruise. I'm still fighting off this small problem I have with crazy idle (happens like once a week). Let us know how it goes!
-Rob

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found and fixed. Thanks Rob. Still putting it together. Might acctually get to hear it run tonight.
Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts