TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i hope this will not cause another flame war but there goes. Ok as you knwo my tranny blew up on me...AGAIN. So i just want to put in a 5-speed. Ok i would like to know how much YOU paid for everything whether if you did it yourself or not. I plan on taking it to a shop to have it done so if you had it done how much did it cost with labor and everything.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have a machine shop so I did every thing myself except for balancing the drive shaft.
I use all new part except for the tranny and SC pedal and it cost me about 2300US
for all the parts.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I could not get a shop to touch mine so I did it myself....

Papajohn helped me with the assembly of the parts...

Cost --- too much to think about because Right now I'm BROKE! and I get sad when I think about money I've spent on this dayum car.... LOL.....

I'm sure if you search you can find plenty cost threads.... and issues with the swap......

All Labor myself.... Cost me about 3500+ for all the parts easily( I paid for professional machining ) .... all the little things ADD UP QUICK....... I had to buy a few new tools... etc...

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
This is kinda on topic, but not really...I am thinking of doing the same to my car, the question I have...Is it worth it? Its gonna cost me about $3500.00-4,000 installed...Were there really performance gains, I mean obviously there were, but like I said...was it worth it?

Shane

·
Registered
809 Posts
I would do it again in a heart beat and if the T-45 I have in there blows up I will try another T-45 or TKO2. If I had to go back to the auto I would sell the car. IMHO

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well this is my college daily driver and i dont have the funds available to take on something like this i guess. If i ever get another car on top of this one i am going to do the swap but for now i am going to get it back and if we keep it i will put a cooler on it and j mod it.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
scott said:
I would do it again in a heart beat and if the T-45 I have in there blows up I will try another T-45 or TKO2. If I had to go back to the auto I would sell the car. IMHO
thats what im saying, (looking at t-45 sitting in basement.....) ahh sweet sweet five speed....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts