TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wife wants some stuff at Ikea, and since they don't have one in KC, it's trip time. Closest one is in Minneapolis, but we're thinking it'd be more fun and more to do in Chicago. Schamburg, or Bolingbrook both have stores, and we're taking an extra long weekend over the 4th of July to pick some things up. Just wondering if you guys had some input on a good hotel to stay at, nice restaurants, fireworks, shopping, landmarks, stuff to do etc.

-Joel

·
Registered
277 Posts
i live in naperville which is right next to bolingbrook....nice restaurants are bar louie in the bolingbrook promanade, mongolian bbq..also in the promanade, the patio which is around the corner from the IKEA....thats all i can think off off the top of my head. shopping...the bolingbrook promanade is basicly a HUGE outdoor/downtown style mall with tons of stores. there is also a macys connected to it all. no fireworks goin on anytime soon...maybe some backyard works lol...as far as hotels i wouldnt really know...you can always search that online. when my family comes to visit they usually stay at the extended stay in romeoville off of I-55 because its right next to the highway.

**edit**there will be lots of fireworks on the fourth of july weekend around here...its just a matter of where you are and the closest ones to you.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man Joel,

It didn't take long for her to say "jump":D
Whatever man, I've been jumping for her since we've been together! Lets just add this up...

For her:
Rings that cost about double what my car did...

Engagement trip in Vancouver...

Bought her an 05 GP GT2...

10 day honeymoon in St Thomas

Putting her through the last bit of nursing school...

And for me you ask?

And people said don't be stupid and get married...

I went stupid long before we were married! :D

-Joel

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
fireworks - join the other 2.2million people and go downtown chicago for the annual 3rd of july fireworks. you can also catch the taste of chicago, most of the chicago restaurants have booths setup in grant park, if you cant find something to eat down there you got problems. that should take up your 3rd.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
fooooooood lol

i dont remember he name of it but there was an excellent Cuban/Puerto Rican restaurant my girlfriend and i went to while visiting her aunt in chicago.. the food was amazing (if your into spanish foods) ill find out the name of it and what street its on if you want..:thumbsup::D

**edit** heres 2 .. we went to both but i dont remember which was the one i described earlier..

Emilio's Tapas
4100 W. Roosevelt Rd., Hillside, 708.547.7177

Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba!
2024 N. Halsted St., 773.995.5000

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Whatever man, I've been jumping for her since we've been together!

And people said don't be stupid and get married...

I went stupid long before we were married! :D

-Joel
Just an old married man using his rights to mess with the young newlywed

:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts