TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as most of you know, NASCAR is going to change up the schedule for the 2004 season. They are probably going to get rid of some races at tracks and move others to new tracks. My question is what do you think Nascar should do?

IMHO, I think Nascar needs to look more at their roots, fans, and most importantly (to me) the teams. Whatever format Nascar chooses to use, I think they should reduce the schedule down to 30 races a year. Or if that is not an option, at least keep the races that are close to home (Charlotte area)...I mean I feel for these guys that are away from their family so much. Nascar should get back to their roots by having at least 10 short track races a year (it's not like the country isn't filled with them) . Nascar needs to be careful about all these 1.5 to 2 mile tracks (almost all the tracks now-a-days are at least designed to be like either charlotte or michigan). Also, lets keep 2 road courses; but lets get some real road courses. And as far as Daytona and 'dega, what can you say, they are great tracks; but lets do something else besides restrict the engines.

Okay guys...lets hear what you take on this is.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
WolfgangNC said:
Also, lets keep 2 road courses; but lets get some real road courses.
Okay guys...lets hear what you take on this is.
Sears Point and Watkins Glen aren't real road courses ?? :confused:

Not sure I follow your point on this ... I've raced at Watkins Glen, it definitely qualifies as a "real road course" IMHO ... high speed, nice sweeping corners. Have to pack almost as much cojones to race there as I do when running at my home track, Mosport, in Ontario !! ;)

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
New Hampshire needs to lose at least one of their dates.
Texas does not need another date.
Pocono should lose one of their races, I love the track, but they don't need two races, the results of both races are usually pretty much the same even.
Daytona needs to keep both of theirs.
So does Darlington
North Wilkesboro needs a date, I know it needs improvements but Junior Johnson has a group willing to do it and Bob Bahre won't sell his part, for this, New Hamshire should have both its dates taken away until Bob Bahre sells NW.
Chicago race should be moved to the other track in Chicago.
No new tracks need a second date, the only second dates that should be kept are ones with meaning.
You can't take away a date from Bristol though, you can't touch a fan favorite.
The other short tracks could each have one of their dates moved to another short track, although I really like Richmond so I wouldn't really want to see it lose a race.

I guess that is pretty much my view of it. the schedule length can definitely not be expanded anymore. As much as I like NASCAR, I don't have time to watch every race and it wouldn't be a bad thing to get back down to 30 races. At the current rate, all the good people are going to be run into the ground and NASCAR's eventual collapse will result, hard to see things like that when you are at the pinnacle though.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
There's talk about them building a track about 15 miles from me, on the WV-MD border on I-81. According to the paper it was supposed to be "Dale Earnhardt Speedway." Please, what a name, something a little more practical would be nice.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I agree with what 4Cam said.
I think the new buzz is that they are trying to get a track near NYC.
I've never been there so it's all ASCII to me.:D

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Im pretty sure they are anyway, but i would like to see them at Kentucky MS, I heard they are in for sure in the next few years, but not 100%.

I think they need to make the season flow, start in daytona and end up in vegas you know???

Like a tour of the country. It sucks for the guys to be on the east coast, then head to Vegas, and then right back. Let the teams work their way across the country. IMO

·
Registered
859 Posts
I think Kansas should have at least 4 dates. That way I'd have a better chance of getting tickets :D

Thomas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts