TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did the split port on my 94xr7, so far so good. however i noticed that i have oil dripping from the inside of the throttle body, im curious if i did my PCV set up right. could someone take some up close pictures of the PCV routing on there splitport set ups.

Also for those that did this swap, do you guys have a howl coming from your cone airfilters, i got a 73mm maf, and the stock stang TB, no air box though... any thoughts on this.? it sounds incredibly loud, i can hear the suck action over my dual exhaust,,,... kind of embarassing!

thanks for all your help guys

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts

Conical air filters do tend to make a fair amount of noise, especially if you don't have a cold air box or divider of some sort. The one on my Splitport 94 LX is a little noisey, but the one on the XR7 is noticeably louder.

-Rod

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rod could you take another picture for me, underneath your throttlebody catching the valvecover. because on my BBK's i have a hose that attaches to the valve cover going behind the TB. is that right?

and where does that hose you have go to? the black hose on your intake pipe?

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
The black hose going into the intake tube is the PCV hose, which comes off the PCV at the grommet in the valve cover (which is what I believe you're talking about above).

-Rod

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i see, do you know what im talking about though, underneath and behind the throttlebody

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
Not really, but I don't even remember the last time I popped the hood on that car. It sounds like it's a vacuum line. If I get a chance, I'll take a look on mine.

-Rod

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, let me know!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Looks like a mini bullit intake.

·
Registered
718 Posts
There were big probs with the 99+ valve covers sucking oil threw the PCV.

My buddies car when we did the swap (mustang intake) the howl was horrible sounded like a pipe organ while running.

I now have a 4.2L and running the windstar intake setup and it has no howling noise.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
delta cam 214/200. 512/512.

what did your buddy do to fix the oil leak and the howling from the intake.... because my howling is terrible.

·
Registered
718 Posts
4.3Lcougar said:
delta cam 214/200. 512/512.

what did your buddy do to fix the oil leak and the howling from the intake.... because my howling is terrible.
We never could fix the howling,, it was something to do with the mustang intake and the IAC

214/200???? cam is that right? most cams have more EX durataion then INTAKE.

Also do you remember the LSA and Intake centerline angles?

Hows the idle?

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
4.3Lcougar, I took a look at the line you're referring to tonight. It is a vacuum line, which needs to be routed to the main vacuum tee on the firewall behind the upper intake.

Here are some pictures. Excuse the dirtiness, daily driver duty (500 miles a week) takes its toll.

In this picture, I've highlighted the line that I believe you're referring to in yellow (it's a vacuum line).

I've circled the vacuum tee in this picture:

Here is an overview of the passenger side of the engine:

And here is one of the PCV on the driverside:

JSGAuto said:
Note that placing the MAF that close to the TB doesn't work. It needs to be reworked.
Jim, I think the bigger problem there is that you have the MAF mounted backwards. Though you're right, ideally you don't want to have the MAF that close to the throttle body.

-Rod

·
Registered
718 Posts
racecougar said:
Jim, I think the bigger problem there is that you have the MAF mounted backwards. Though you're right, ideally you don't want to have the MAF that close to the throttle body.
-Rod

LOL,, yeah I just noticed that too!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Wow I am embarrassed!

I guess that’s what I get for working on the car in the middle of the night!

Thanks for catching that.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rod, one more pic request. behind you DIS coil pak, there is another hose fitting. i just want to double check if mine right! thanks for all the help.

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
4.3Lcougar said:
Rod, one more pic request. behind you DIS coil pak, there is another hose fitting. i just want to double check if mine right! thanks for all the help.

I just got home from work (super long day) so I'm not going to be able to get a picture tonight, but I know which vacuum port you're referring to, and I also know that I just have that port capped off.

-Rod

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thats what i did in the mean time, so im am good then. thanks for all your help Rod, i appreciate it. this could be a good sticky! split port vacume set up

1 - 20 of 26 Posts