TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have a Sport model Thunderbird that has a spring code other than JJJJ ?

One of the regulars over at MN12's web-site seems to think that his early 96 Sport has the JJEE code.

I have seen a couple of other members here (Nishan is one of them) that have what appears to be a sport with JJEE as the spring code.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I have the JJJJ spring code, but I don't have the big brakes or the third brake light. I have the springs and bigger rear sway bar. I have an early 96 model which was made in November of '95 I believe. It doesn't matter that my car was a sport though since when I am done it won't even have reminants of being a sport.

Russell

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
JJJJ here, but I've also seen birds with the sport package lacking the big brakes, with/without the right springs... all kinds of weird things. Time to look for the build sheet, that would be the perfect way to know for sure.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Heres one......

Mine has JJEE code for springs.... however, my car came with third brake delete, spoiler, sport wheels, and the brakes seem to just fit underneath my wheels.... I can't tell you anything else about the bars and the springs themselves.... I can't tell if they feel anydifferent and to be quite honest wouldn't know to look at them....... Help me figue it out.....I am really curious now too!!!!!

Jared

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
96bird said:
I have the JJJJ spring code, but I don't have the big brakes or the third brake light. I have the springs and bigger rear sway bar. I have an early 96 model which was made in November of '95 I believe. It doesn't matter that my car was a sport though since when I am done it won't even have reminants of being a sport.
Russell
If you are planning on getting rid of the Sport springs and sway bars, I know I'd love to have them. That is if they will work with the lighter 3.8 engine. :D:D

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Each spring has a vinyl tag, with a Ford part number on it.

That will also help determine if it is a Sport or not.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is what Queenbird posted over at MN12

"Since I have a 08/95 '96 t-bird, and a 04/97 '97 Cougar 30th Anniversary, and they both have JJJJ spring code, I'm tempted to say that if it's not a JJJJ code, it's NOT a true sport!"

Still curious about the code JJEE, and whether that indicates a sport as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Don't know if it matters but my build date is 08/97....... any ideas on what i have here???

Jared

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jrross;

Take a look at the tags on the springs themselves. Post the Ford part number that shows on it.

My rear sport springs have F0SC-5560-JA as the part number.

The front sport springs have a part number of E9SC-5310-JA

Are you the original owner?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Will look tomorrow...... not original owner. First owner was older gent, and guy i bought from worked at dealership and said that it was all original...... doesn't look like anything was added though...... i dunno

Jared

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jrross;

You should check and see if the build sheet is still there.

It might be under the trunk carpetting, above the pass. side wheel well.

I ripped mine apart, but never found it.

Should start a new thread on where everybody found their build sheets...lol

·
8,239 Posts
I found my build sheet for the 95 under the trunk rug, above the passanger rear wheelwell.

Haven't poked around the 96 too much yet.

I will scan it if i find it :)

JH

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Rolling-Thunder said:
Each spring has a vinyl tag, with a Ford part number on it.

That will also help determine if it is a Sport or not.
not to be gay or weird or anything. but when i had my 93 5.0 on the driver side spring is had a white tag that said "CUM".. wtf does that mean?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Here is my case:

1997 LX; built in july 1997

spr. code: JJEE
NO 3rd brake light
factory spoiler with led brake light.
facotry OEM 16" sport wheelsride feels pretty "stiff"

4 wheeel discs
--no idea about brake rotor sizes; didn't measure; (same with stab. bars)
I STILL don't know what I have!!!

after edit:
STEVE:
I just looked on the MN12 site;
Queenbird has corrected himself, and says that his spr.code on the early 96 is JJJJ
Oh well...I guess the mystery goes on...what in the world do I have?
BTW: I still have my original window sticker(1st owner saved it), and it clearly says "sport option" under the options heading...what gives?
but it also says"rear decklid spoiler" $250 (????)

my car also has the luxury lighting group, moonroof, auto climate control, auto lamp, but no ABS.
all this came to a total of 23,500 or so.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts