TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm planning on getting PI heads, a PI intake, and Comp 262 Cams with the Comp Valve springs over the winter. It's my understanding that aftermarket cams need to be degreed in but that that requires adjustable cam gears. As far as I know, Fidanza is the only company that makes them but that they are junk and fail. Can somebody point me in the right direction? Thanks.

·
Registered
401 Posts
mine was fine with the stock gears

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So its not really necessary to degree them in? Also, Obucina what grind of Crowers would you suggest?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I think PI Heads, these cams, and probably a trick flow intake are going to be a great combo for my car. I think I will probably do a set of kooks as well, if i decide not to do a 5-speed swap (but I really want to) I will for sure be getting a converter with more stall and a 4.10 ring and pinion.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you think the 268's would work with with the stock cam gears? If use these cams though I would definately get a higher stall converter and/or lower rear end gears.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
281_TBird said:
So its not really necessary to degree them in? Also, Obucina what grind of Crowers would you suggest?
their "Stage 2" hi lift if for the PI heads. Its very smiliar to the 262AH cams.

i dont recommend Comp for personal reasons....

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
you can ground off the cam key on the stock gears and they become adjustable. I didnt go this route i just bolted the cams up. Dialing in the cam timing is a good way to eek out the best performance. In a new article by MM& FF they messed with cam timing on the mod motors and found reliable power increases.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm, I think it will come down to whether or not I can degree them in the car because I am not taking the engine out, I do not have a stand or a means to get it out with so I am somewhat limited.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
just shave off what you need to on the stock gear's key.

Always degree your cams, no matter how tame the profile. It's about a correct setup, not just having enough clearance.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
The Great Obucina said:
their "Stage 2" hi lift if for the PI heads. Its very smiliar to the 262AH cams.

i dont recommend Comp for personal reasons....
If you are referring to the same Stg 2 Crowers I have, they are almost identical to the Comp 270AH cam.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts