TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get timing chain and equipment back on.. Tensioner? The Picture explains it better...

How do I get the object in question to lock the tensioner in place?? Any help please..

How do I move the small black rod or do I even have to move it?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I dont have my hanes manual in front of me but I think you just push down on the plunger and lock it by putting a paper clip in a small hole. The manual tells you exactly what to do.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
back out the slotted screw. When we did frank's swap we just removed them, didn't have to compress them at all.

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
GreenBird said:
back out the slotted screw. When we did frank's swap we just removed them, didn't have to compress them at all.
He is putting them on.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
dude..

we used some vice clamps to squeeze plunger in.. then just slid them in after putting chains on and chain guides.. was real simple.. hardest part was holding the cam still w/ a ratchet while my extra set of hands put the guide and tensioner in..

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
First, release the lock that keeps it from going in, compress it, and install a paper clip into the hole to keep it from popping back out. Install it, and remove the paper clip once everything is timed, etc. There is a hole that you put a small screw driver and move back a tab that will release the small rod. That will let you move the rod and compress the piston. Very simple.

And if you're rebuilding a 4.6L I hope you have a manual. This operation is described in detail in the OEM manual. :leftright

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We got that problem solved.... now we gotta figure out why it makes a chuggin sound.. sounds like the intake gaskets have leaks.. its really loud sounding...

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
NRL said:

He is putting them on.
I know. We just removed, and later replaced. we never had to compress the tensioners.

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
GreenBird said:

I know. We just removed, and later replaced. we never had to compress the tensioners.
Then the spring that puts tension on the guide when there is no oil pressure was worn bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts