TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Ok, this related back to my "reckless driving" ticket.

Imagine me driving through a small school parking lot in 1st gear, and taking a corner after it rained and the tires spin a bit.

Well to a cop that is "reckless driving" which from my understanding is speeding at such an unreasonable rate of speed.

So, I thoght I frogot and missed my court date cause when I called they told me it was on the 11th of August, which did seem right. I went today and waited through all cases, I brought a coke and some flamin hot cheetos.

All cases are pulled and read, I walk up to the County prosecutor, and his assistant. I told them im having to do this because they were unsuccessfull at returning all of my 14 calls!! I show them the police report, I expalin what the situation was, and tell them that I have a noterized statement from the towtruck driver that the officer claimed witnessed everything, and the statment said he didnt.

They Prosecutors took the copy of the noterized statement, as well as noted down my story, and took down my number and said I would be called before the 11th.

Now that Im thinking of it, I probably shouldnt of done that, cause they will either have ammo against me when I challenge it and they could possibly have the towtruck driver go back on his statment.

Im not sure if the county prosecutors would do that though, Even though one of thier officers would be facing a Class D felony.

Anyone here have legal education?

Thanks.

childish flamebait content deleted

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
well, to be quiet honest, No. Prosecutors don't give two ****s about you, your ticket, how you got it, etc nor do they care about returning you calls, their job is to PROSECUTE you, not chit chat -- and it has nothing to do with what some other officer is facing, that comment isn't even necessary.

Now, realisticly, will the prosecutor give you 5 minutes of his/her time in your case? Probably not. Why? They're more interested in real crimes -- if you had wreckless op, wreckless endangerment and some others where there was a very real possiblity of hurting someone, then YEA probably.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
The system's not as corrupt as you might think. You may have gotten a rotten cop, but for you to get a crooked prosecutor who for some reason has it out for you, and a crooked judge too, would be a huge stroke of bad luck. The prosecutors don't work for the police, anyway, so I doubt they would really care about getting a cop in trouble. In fact, it'd be their job to prosecute a lying cop.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
my experience, the cops. judge and prosecutors just dont care, they are there to bag you . i only end up there for traffic voilations. and unless you have a lawyer . they are gonna get you ! ( im always repectful when in their presence also) .

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
jk89cat said:
my experience, the cops. judge and prosecutors just dont care, they are there to bag you . i only end up there for traffic voilations. and unless you have a lawyer . they are gonna get you ! ( im always repectful when in their presence also) .
I beg to differ.

Everyone here knows how provisional licenses work, and how you'd better behave while you have one. My brother, while on his provisional, managed to get 3 speeding tickets inside a month and a half. While in front of a judge for the first two, he asked if he could take care of the third while he was there. He had to sit down while they looked up the that third ticket, but in the end he walked out of there minus fines and court costs. Still had a valid provisional license in his pocket. I wouldn't believe it if I didn't witness it with my own eyes. I would have bet money on the fact that they were going to confiscate his license.

They are not out to get you. My brother is living proof that you can walk out of there scott-free for (almost) anything if you present yourself properly.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
thats a wonderful thing, Il is a little different unfortuntaly , they want your money period, they dont care.

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
jk89cat said:
thats a wonderful thing, Il is a little different unfortuntaly , they want your money period, they dont care.
this is a total opinion statement not based on fact of how the system works anywhere.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
The Prosecuting Attorney should look into all aspects of your case. Just because he is called a "prosecuting" attorney doesn't mean he wants to prosecute all cases, he determines which cases are worthy of prosecution. And he really doesn't care if it gets a policeman in trouble or not. (It probably won't regardless of how your case goes) This is the reason we have the different branches of government. (think back to grade school government classes, or just watch "Law & Order"!)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well this isnt my first time in court belive it or not, My experiences being infront of the judge were ok, Its almost like he is a regular person, Not one of "them".

Being harrased by cops has really set my opinion about them in stone, Call a cop if you want to be a suspect in an unsolved crime.

Ive taken a lawyer to court before, but this one I was wanting to handel on my own as far as taking a slap on the rist for be being partially guilty, I did spin my tires a tad bit but not on purpose, it was wet out.

And on the police report it says the the officer noticed my "motor noise" and from that I guess he magically judged my speed.

Where can I get one of these "MAGIC MOTOR NOISE" radars jammers?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts