TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys my question is what lift of cams should i get with and 3200-3800 stall. what would be the best ones to go with and lift perferred? thanx

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
buying them tonight. vt stage 1 or 2? comp cams 226/230 or 234/238? i dont want really radical cause it will still be daily driver just more power

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i'm doing the pi head swap so.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx gonna go order them now!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
another ? i have heard that some times u have to modify the heads to put aftermarket springs in? i just wanna make sure i get everything right before i order and get some thing i dont need or want.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
another ? i have heard that some times u have to modify the heads to put aftermarket springs in? i just wanna make sure i get everything right before i order and get some thing i dont need or want.
nope. i thought you run a machine shop? shouldnt you know stuff like that?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i do, but i have heard that some springs u have to modify the heads

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just checking

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
yea i do, but i have heard that some springs u have to modify the heads

96 to current 4.6L/5.4L heads dont need moddin' which springs have you heard require it?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cause i got the heads and stuff i just dont want to get in the way of my dad for my stuff.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright thannx

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mod max, and comp springs but i was just making sure what heads u had to do them on, maybe it was if u choose alot high lift. think thats what it was, but the lift im going for i shouldn't need to

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
mod max, and comp springs but i was just making sure what heads u had to do them on, maybe it was if u choose alot high lift. think thats what it was, but the lift im going for i shouldn't need to

that info is false. All 96+ heads will accept Comp springs.....It even says it on the box.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont know where i read it but, ah no i foung it but it was in sean hylands book i got, but that mainly for really high lifts, that u would have to do machining to the head because it spring pressure isn't well at high lift, this book was also made in 2002 so there wasn't many springs on the market for the 2 valvers, thats where i got it from. but now they got alot of spring on the market and fixed the pressure problem that what they were saying here that the first spring that came out didn't work that well.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so i'm gonna go ahead and get them and put them in, just figured i'd try and figure thing out the right way. and besides i'll check the spring pressures on all of them to make sure there all the same, but that what i'm gonna do go ahead and get them and put them in. thanx

·
The Parts Guy
7,268 Posts
If you want to get all of the open and seated spring pressures dialed in, yes, you may have to do a bit of machining on the spring pockets. Most people typically won't do this, as it takes quite a bit of time to do. My machinist insisted on doing this when assembling my 32V heads, and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

-Rod

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
i dont know where i read it but, ah no i foung it but it was in sean hylands book i got, but that mainly for really high lifts, that u would have to do machining to the head because it spring pressure isn't well at high lift, this book was also made in 2002 so there wasn't many springs on the market for the 2 valvers, thats where i got it from. but now they got alot of spring on the market and fixed the pressure problem that what they were saying here that the first spring that came out didn't work that well.

the last publication I would ever consult is anything Sean Hyland. The same guy who said an Explorer block could not be used on a thunderbird.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts