TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car's a 1996 with the 6 pound pulley Allen blower on a stock/NPI engine, 80mm Lightning MAF, 42 pound injectors, Reinhart chip. What would be the best camshaft to get for this car and what would the RWHP gain be, or would it be a waste of time and money?

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
i know for a fact it wont be a worthless mod...if u plan on doing some work to the cams...why not go for a PnP for the heads too, maybe some comp cams and maybe an intake...even though i dont know about the intake since your blown....i know someone here for sure will know...a few people have the allens installed and they might help you....seems like your new to here...post some pics of the ride too on the video/image station...welcome to tccoa

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
there are a few guys on the corral with FRPP blowers and PI cams get good results. Maybe get another 20hp with the PI cams, since the NA cars are getting good results.

joseph

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
AED with PI cams, an 8# pulley and a few other things can get you around 311rwhp, 370rwtq. Thats what I dyno'd at prior to my current setup.

VT stage 2 blower cams are supposed to be decent from what I have heard. They are $550 bucks though. You might want to hold off on those and just stick with the PI's now till we see more cams enter the market. I suspect that "soon" we will have alot more options and possibly cheaper prices as the companies start to compete for business.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I would have to agree as dennis told me the same thing PI cams are better for SC cars if your staying NA aftermarket cams would be more benificial.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts