TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my heads to get work done, and the dumbass that did my heads put the cams in the wrong way. I noticed this after I bolted the heads on. Question what are the oe part numbers for a 1994 4.6 camshaft I switch them thinking I could just turn the cams from the left to right. Then I looked online that there is a left and a right. Looks like the guy who worked on my heads is going to be paying me back and them some the head bolts are 74 for the set. thanks

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
You don't need to pull the heads off to switch the camshafts, if that is what has been switched.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I try to upload a pic if I still have it. I have the cams on right now. The guy who did my heads turned the camshafts on the head so the left one was on the right head and the right one was left. I was flipping out cause I know the heads can go either way, but in the firing order isn't the same for each side. But I found online the ford part numbers and made sure that the left was on the left and the right was on the right. Now I'm just trying to figure out if there is an oil pump gasket on the block of the car. :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts