TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I know how to remove and install one, but how accurate does it have to be?? I mean if your timing is off between the crank and cam that can't be good. This is the last main thing keeping me from actually starting the baby... (also the fact that I got all excited and put all the parts back together and now realized I can't get to the tamperproof torx bolt - thanks supercharger) and I don't feel like taking the wiring harness plugs etc all back apart to get to the bolt (any suggestions?) but the main question is I am assuming that if the CAM sensor is off even a few degrees it could cause engine damage. So how do you adjust the sensor back to exactlly where it needs to be??? I doubt even ford would know exactlly how to because they are set from factory and there is a "caution - non adjustable" on the top. Grrrr... when will this madness end? :(

·
Registered
286 Posts
If it will start I can't see any damage while you check the timing. Just don't drive it if its out of spec.

If you think the cam timing's off, turn it over carefully by hand in the right direction to check for valve interference. Do this first.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no the mechanical timing is fine - I need to have the sensor being set correctlly - there will be no mechanical interference though...

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you only took the black sensor top off, that will not affect your timing.
Maybe your crank sensor is bad, to check it, try to start and watch the lower part of the tach or speedo (can't remember which) for a yellow up-shift arrow. If the crank sensor is bad, the up-shift light will stay on, if its good, it will just flash when you first turn the key. With a bad Cam sensor, the car should start 1 in 3 or 4 tries. What orther work did you do to the car? Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts