TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my girlfriend got pulled over for failure to keep right. She couldn't find her registration card anywhere in the car, so the cop gave her a warning for the failure to keep right, and a ticket for failure to present documents. So far, fine. Anyway, she gets here, and I look on the back of the ticket for the price, and the cop has taken a black marker and crossed out $44.00 and in its place written $173. I don't see how he could do this since I was under the impression that fines were pretty much set and the only people who could change them for the given situation was a judge. She wasn't in a work zone or anything like that, so I am confused. Also, she moved a while back, and she properly changed her address with DMV and has the correction sticker on the back, however the cop put her old address on the ticket. Is that grounds for dismissing the ticket possibly? Anyone who has information on this (perhaps other cops?) please let me know. Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
817 Posts
cops suck, and that sucks. show up in court maybe shell get lucky and the judge will laugh it off. dam cops.

·
Registered
260 Posts
IM an ex cop of six years and putting the wrong address on the back wouldnt get it dismissed as far as changing the price on the backIm not sure about there but here the judge decides on how much you have to pay and if she takes her registration to court the judge would probally dismiss the case. THis has been my experience.. OH ThomasR91169
ALL COPS DO NOT SUCK.. THey suck when you get caught doing something stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not saying that your g/f's situation was was her fault MadMikeyL

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
ThomasR91169 said:
cops suck, and that sucks. show up in court maybe shell get lucky and the judge will laugh it off. dam cops.
Do you want to get banned? It's already been established that you won't last here long if you start cop-bashing.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Cop bashing, thread locked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.