TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you may remember seeing this car on here a few years ago. It used to belong to Dutch T-Bird, who lived in Holland. Robert sadly passed away a few years ago, and his family now want to sell the car. There are not many T-Birds in Holland (or Europe in general). I am in the UK and as I knew Robert, they've asked me to try and find out roughly what would be a fair asking price for the car.

As far as I can remember, apart from the obvious body mods and alloys, there is a fully adjustable air-ride suspension kit added (if you search his posts, you'll see where he posted when it was being fitted), cold air induction, shaved boot lock. The car is totally immaculate, and I am seriously tempted to buy it for myself!

Over here in the UK, the few T-Birds about don't tend to go for much, however there are NONE as good as this one - even mine!

If this car were in the US, roughly what sort of price do you think they would realistically be able to get for it if it were being sold?

(Mine is the blue car, recently rebuilt after being totalled)

·
Super Moderator
11,903 Posts
I'd guess $3,000 to $4,000 US or 2,000 to 3,000 quid.

Even here it's hard to place a value on a Bird. As for that one, the paint and body are in great shape. Obviously, the interior is an unknown from the pictures but I'd imagine it's in decent shape. Is it mechanically sound? Jmod? Regular fluid changes? Any underbody rust?

The air ride suspension and rims are really only worth something if you're into that sort of thing. Personally, I'm not a fan of either one so they hold no value for me.

Given the rarity of birds over there and the work done on that one someone might be willing to pay more for it. If I were you I'd offer no more than 3,000 quid (which at current exchange rates is about $4,478 US). They might be able to sell it to another enthusiast who likes the rims and air ride suspension for up to 4,000 quid ($5,972 US). I doubt they'd get more than that for it.

Anyone else care to venture a value?

·
̇
3,702 Posts
I don't know the exchange rates, but TM is in the ballpark..

IMO..They should ask $5000 American for it..

The air-ride really ups the value on this one..Without the air-ride I could see this car selling for $3500 easily..

If you have any interest in buying the car for yourself..Make sure you check the trouble spots with this year of Thunderbird..Especially the transmission..

Find out if Robert ever got the transmission rebuilt, or the valve seals serviced as well..

R.I.P. Dutch T-Bird

Rayo..

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. $5000 works out at about £3500 or 4552 Euro.

My T-Bird is the same year as Roberts, so I know most of the things that they're bad on. I don't remember him saying anything about the transmission, he did have a few spares tucked away, and had the heater core replaced around about the same time as he had the air ride fitted. It was really sad because he did those two the year he died. He'd just done the air ride, and one month he was messaging me telling me all about it, then suddenly that was it.

I'd like to buy the car, I think it looks really cool. I can't say I'd pick the wheels by choice, but the overall look is nice. Trouble is, I stopped using my T-bird as a daily driver a couple of years ago and got a cheap eurobox to drive to work in. My garage is full with my T-bird, and I don't really have the funds saved to buy Roberts. I could borrow the money and store one of the cars on my drive.... I feel like if I don't buy it, I'll really regret it once its gone. Robert would probably have liked the thought that I was looking after it too.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
While I know you have a lot of money sunk into your existing tbird, given the extensive level of repairs done to it, you might want to consider selling it in favor of this one and selling your old one off.

Cash flow issues aside, this might actually be a 'trade up' and you can obviously swap wheels if they are not to your taste.

-g

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand it was cancer, although I didn't like to ask too many questions.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I too agree with ~$5000 but the engine bay need to be cleaned or it could seriously hurt the price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts