TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I recently just purchased another SC and was wondering if anyone with a keen eye for wheels could point me in the right direction towards something similar at the very least?

Thanks!

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Those are 20" "Extra Uranus" wheels with 255/35/20 tires..

Good luck finding these wheels stateside..That car is in Slovenia..

The closest wheel I could find stylewise is the HRE 590RS Wheels..

Except you can't get them in chrome.. :rolleyes:

An acceptable substitute might be the American Muscle Ford GT Supercar knockoffs..

:zdunno:

Rayo..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah well....damn...slovania is a long way to go for some wheels. I found a suitable replacement in the Verde Kaos wheels. Quick question though, the wheels are 18x8'' which seems like it would fill up the well fairly nicely. 245/45/r18 shouldnt be a problem...the question is...if I went with 18x8'' all around and kept it at 245/45/r18 on all 4 corners to make life easier having rotatable wheels, but would 245's look too small in the back?

·
Super Moderator
17,050 Posts
245s are perfect for an 8" wheel, how it looks from the back is subjective, stock varies between 205 and 225 so they'll look bigger no matter what. IMO offset is far more important. Stock is 39mm and frankly that's too much and any tall wheel/low profile tire combo looks bow legged with it, on an 8" wheel an offset of around 30mm looks way better due to the slight increase in track width and being near flush with the fenders.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
245s are perfect for an 8" wheel, how it looks from the back is subjective, stock varies between 205 and 225 so they'll look bigger no matter what. IMO offset is far more important. Stock is 39mm and frankly that's too much and any tall wheel/low profile tire combo looks bow legged with it, on an 8" wheel an offset of around 30mm looks way better due to the slight increase in track width and being near flush with the fenders.

perfect, last Thunderbird I owned I had a set of 35th anniversary salad shooters on them so I didnt have to worry about sizing. Thanks a bunch!

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Draetech09 said:
Those wheels look similar to ADR Wheels also. I've thought about going with that style of wheel also.
You can find several manufacturers making wheels that look like that..I'd imagine the foundries in China use that same mold for different companies..

The Ford GT wheels don't look even close to those :tongue:
Those were the first wheels that popped in my head when the OP posed the question to us..I actually kind of like those Ford GT knockoffs..(*in chrome) :)

Rayo..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Man Im having a real hard time finding wheels with a 30mm offset with our bolt patterns. you got any leads to point me in the right direction?

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Man Im having a real hard time finding wheels with a 30mm offset with our bolt patterns. you got any leads to point me in the right direction?
My problem is I like my wheels to tuck a little..So I prefer wheels with a higher positive offset..

After considering the Mustang Hub Swap..That idea quickly faded once I realized there is almost no wheels available in that bolt pattern with a higher positive offset.. :rolleyes:

So..I'm stuck with the MN12 bolt pattern..

Rayo..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts