TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get the drivers seat reupholstered. I only have the one car. I'd like to remove it and then put the passenger seat in it's place for the time that the drivers seat is out. Will that work? I mean of course by just setting it down and bolt it in place. I know all the controls will be unreachable. I wouldn't even plug them in. I just need a safe way to drive the car while the seat is in the shop. I don't want to try sitting on a milk crate, log, spare tire, etc.

The car is a 91 XR7

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I do not think the mounting points between the 2 seats are the same.
they also, do not face directly forward, they seem to be off by about 1 degree.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not think the mounting points between the 2 seats are the same.
they also, do not face directly forward, they seem to be off by about 1 degree.

Thanks for your answer.
Someone at another cougar forum that's mostly for pre 74 pointed out that the seat belts wouldn't work. I think I'd chance it for just the one day if the seat fits.

·
Super Moderator
7,513 Posts
Swapping it won't work. Maybe see if someone closer to you has a driver's seat you can borrow for a week, or grab one out of a car in the junkyard or something.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for your answers. You saved me the trouble of trying it.
I might later go to a Pick n Pull junk yard to see if I can get one cheap.
Or, since I fortunately live close to an upholstery shop and I'm also close to work. I may just use my bicycle while the car seat is in the shop. Won't take too long. I always use the bike for work anyway (unless rain).
The bike fits in the car too, so that makes it easy.

·
Super Moderator
7,513 Posts
Also if it will help you get a temporary seat cheaper, 80s-95 taurus bucket seats will bolt in but just won't lean forward to access the back seat, but if you can get one for free or cheap it might be worth it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
This is what I did with my old 90 SC, I droped off the passenger side seat first & had that done. Using the pattern the lady made the covers for the driverside, stopped by on a sat. morning & she did the final touches to the covers & I was out of there in a few hours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts