TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
285/40/18 on an 18x9 with +26mm offset. Thinking about having my rear lips rolled.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
285/40/18 on an 18x9 with +26mm offset. Thinking about having my rear lips rolled.
I'm thinking probably. If it were me, I'd measure the dimensions between the rear tire and the suspension, the wheel well, and the inner fender as it sits now, plug that info into this calculator Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets - Wheel-Size.com and take a look.

The measurements in this link came off my front suspension. Rear tucks in just a little more I think, but I'd definitely want to roll my fender lips if it were mine.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'm running 285 40 18 on a 18x10.5 wheel. Wheel has a crap load of off set. Not sure how much. That was with out the fenders rolled. Just rolled the fenders to make room for some 295 40 18 or a 305 40 18. There are some pictures on the forums, where I posted pictures of the room with tires.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm running 285 40 18 on a 18x10.5 wheel. Wheel has a crap load of off set. Not sure how much. That was with out the fenders rolled. Just rolled the fenders to make room for some 295 40 18 or a 305 40 18. There are some pictures on the forums, where I posted pictures of the room with tires.
I must find this.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Here are some old pictures. Same wheels I have now but a 275/40/18 tire. Only time I had issues with the 285's is when I would hit a big dip in the highway. They would rub a little. Heavy Duty Roll Fender Reforming Extending Tool Wheel Arch Roller Flaring Former | eBay

Here is the link to the fender roller I just bought. It's only 52 bucks shipped from ebay. Worked great, just take your time with a heat gun and you won't have any issues doing it your self.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are some old pictures. Same wheels I have now but a 275/40/18 tire. Only time I had issues with the 285's is when I would hit a big dip in the highway. They would rub a little. Heavy Duty Roll Fender Reforming Extending Tool Wheel Arch Roller Flaring Former | eBay

Here is the link to the fender roller I just bought. It's only 52 bucks shipped from ebay. Worked great, just take your time with a heat gun and you won't have any issues doing it your self.

Looks pretty good, I have a guy here locally who does fender rolling as a side job, and he does tons of cars. Will probably get him to do it, if yours clears that well with 18x10.5 and 285's, I should be well in the clear with a 9" sporting 285's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts