TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to autozone and i was trying to get some new 22c plugs. i went in gave the part # that i got off of here and he looked for like 30minutes trying to find the damm thing. then he says that i could not find it and the only thing that he could think of were the autolite 103. but i did in up buying new magracore ( what ever it is called ) 8mm wires, and new gold termials because they were looking bad.

car runs a lot better maybe it will do better once i get the new plugs.

just trying to stay up with the little things.

but on a side note not everyone knows but last sat my window got broke out and i went to you-wrench-it and found a lot of sport models so soon rear disc conversion ( when the next time i am not working which is like once every 10 days );)

so where did you guys get your 22c plugs or since i not to far from stock just get the autolite's.

·
Tinfoil hat wearer
558 Posts
Autolite 103's are the equivalent

·
8,239 Posts
Good call on the magnecors, they are a good wire.

I still would have gotten everything from Dan Newman (motorcraft wires and copper plugs) it only takes one phone call.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Nothing wrong with the store - they carry cheap parts.

Tell them to lookup plugs for a ford f150 with a 5.4L, those are all 1 step colder.

The autolite 103's are the same plug as the Motorsraft 22c

-Andrey

·
Tinfoil hat wearer
558 Posts
Some of the parts autozone carries is junk. For instance I wouldn't really wanna buy electrical parts from there. But the big problem with Autozone is the employees. For the most part they are clueless

·
8,239 Posts
azreael344 said:
Some of the parts autozone carries is junk. For instance I wouldn't really wanna buy electrical parts from there. But the big problem with Autozone is the employees. For the most part they are clueless
Alot of people say this, and I don't know what they think they expect. It doesn't require any experience of a college degree to be a cashier/parts guy at autozone, and people with degrees in mechanical engineering are not working at autozone as parts guys.

Customers who go in there asking the autozone parts guy questions about their car are clueless. When i go in there I know exactly what I want including the part number.

JH

·
Registered
129 Posts
MadRussian said:
Nothing wrong with the store - they carry cheap parts.

Tell them to lookup plugs for a ford f150 with a 5.4L, those are all 1 step colder.

The autolite 103's are the same plug as the Motorsraft 22c

-Andrey
Yours must be different than mine here. I live in Memphis, the companys home town. They are on every corner. If you want wax, they got it. If you want something that requires a little thought or creative looking...forget it. If the employees can't type EXACTLY what kind of car(year, model and make) you are SOL. Now, I will be the first to admit that I have worked for the company. I did for 3 years, so I know what kind of company they are. I left them and went to work for NAPA, and I am here to tell you there is NO comparison in the avaliablity of parts between the two. The pple are better trained at NAPA(in general) and the tech lines for the employees to call for product help are light years ahead of them. I am now ASE certified now, so I can appreciate the difference in a "parts person" and a "parts puller".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts