TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right I tried to change my EGR Valve on my ride. Instead I got into a whole lot of trouble but before I get into it CAN SOME ONE HELP ME! or show me how to de-install and install the EGR Valve in my ride. The book makes it seem so simple but in a tight place it is hell of hard. Anther thing I took my intake out and I can't seem to put it back in its place. PLEASE HELP!!! DESPERATE SITUATION!!!

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Neither, he has a 95 that uses the aluminum intake. :D

Big difference in removing the EGR between the 94/95 and the 96/97!! :eek:

Smallz: Sorry I can't help you, I've never pulled mine, but I can imagine it would be a PITA.

But which intake parts are you referring to: Throttle body, Intake elbow (90 deg adapter that is between the TB and the lower intake), or the whole intake (which has the EGR attached to it via 2 bolts)?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Well, I have a 97 (thank god). But I did replace the egr on my mom's 93 crown vic. Very similar to your 95, or so I'm told. Anyway, I tried everything and eventually found that a 3/8 in. breaker bar, a small extension, and of course a socket were the best tools to get out the egr bolts. hope this helps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The part that I took of was the intake throttle body which is out of the way. I have more room to get to the bolts out but they are hell of tight and the tube that connects to the egr valve is also damn tight any suggestions on what I could do to untight these two parts.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
well you can try to get a good penetrant and soak it and let sit for awhile ... afterwards make sure you have a 6 pt socket. First try tightening the bolt alil then loosen ... keep going back and forth to break bolt loose ... ****DONT BREAK THE BOLT ... OR YOU'LL HAVE HELLUVA LOT OF FUN DRILLING**** but main thing to do is soak the bolts good with the best penetrant you can find. Good luck. While working for ford ive came across some pretty mean egr bolts.
Same applies for the tube ... soak it good and work it back and forth ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts