TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)

I replaced my 95 4.6 with a 99 grand marquis engine and the temp gauge is not working. I replaced the sensor and it still isnt working. I think it maybe either the wiring or the gauge is gone. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Does the GrandMarquis intake have the second sensor for the guage?

The T'Bird has two sensors: One for the EEC (ECT) located on the left (?) of the water crossover, and the sensor for the temperature gauge on the right (?) of the water crossover. (I may have them reversed).

I'm not trying to be smart or anything, (you probably know about the two sensors) but just asking. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
Does the GrandMarquis intake have the second sensor for the guage?

The T'Bird has two sensors: One for the EEC (ECT) located on the left (?) of the water crossover, and the sensor for the temperature gauge on the right (?) of the water crossover. (I may have them reversed).

I'm not trying to be smart or anything, (you probably know about the two sensors) but just asking. :thumbsup:
Yes I have them both hooked up correctly the temp on the left and the eec on the right. Im thinking it may be a break in the wiring between the actual sensor and the harness.

·
Registered
286 Posts
If you short the sensor, the gauge should go to maximum temp.

Don't do this to the PCM temp sensor - you'll go into overheat limp-home mode.

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
If you have the sensor installed in a plastic intake make sure the body is grounded. I just wrap a wire around it with a clamp over the wire and then use the nearest ground.

-Scott

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dr. FrankenCougie said:
If you have the sensor installed in a plastic intake make sure the body is grounded. I just wrap a wire around it with a clamp over the wire and then use the nearest ground.

-Scott
That was it. As soon as I gounded the base of the sensor it started to work. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts