TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never done it and do not know anyone who has done it, but when you go into a dealership with the intent of ordering a car the way you want it, do they charge you extra?

I've been wondering since the new mustang GTs are so scarce, I would think you would have a better chance of being able to do it versus having them try to sell you on one they have on the lot.

Anyone know?

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
At my dealership, there were a few people that came in and ordered Mustang GTs exactly how they wanted them, the Mustangs arrived some time later and they took delivery for the same window price that they would have paid if it was just sitting on the lot. We don't charge more for that (nor "market adjust" the price of the Mustang as some dealers do, you pay MSRP at our shop); but that's not to say that all dealers are like that.

On a side note, we haven't had a single GT sit on the lot, they sell as soon as they come in. If we don't have one that is exactly what I want on the lot when I get mine, we are either going to dealer trade (preferably) or order one up to my liking.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response.

I've searched online about 20 or 30 dealers and only found maybe a dozen or so GTs.

Amazing since I've still only seen a handful on the streets.

I'm thinking about doing it. Have'nt quite crossed the line yet though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts