TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up my second Cougar in the next few days, and its got the fabric top. Its a 1990. I don't like the top, can it be removed?

·
Administrator
8,215 Posts
It can, then you'll need to paint the roof.

Moved to exterior.

Joe

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
I know some of the Fox Cougars have many, many "buttons" to hold the fabric to the roof. These have to all be filled and prepared for paint... not an easy task at all.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
It's painted under the fabric, but it's often very dirty and discolored (or rather, the rest of the car is discolored). Plus there are a bunch of holes to fill as crager stated.

I'd only do it if you are going to re-paint the car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
These two look very much like mine, stodgy not sporty, the Caliente version the closest. We know these roofs can be removed and repainting seems a given. What other issues are there, molding around windows, glass? Has anyone done this yet? A renowned body shop told me the roof removed, screw holes filled and painted for under $600, does that sound right?

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
2008DodgeChallenger said:
These two look very much like mine, stodgy not sporty, the Caliente version the closest. We know these roofs can be removed and repainting seems a given. What other issues are there, molding around windows, glass? Has anyone done this yet? A renowned body shop told me the roof removed, screw holes filled and painted for under $600, does that sound right?
I bet they do a crappy job, because if not, you're robbing the place. I'd say $1000.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts