TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the keyless entry cause interior lights not to working properly? The interior lights on my car are not working, and I replaced the door jam pin. I don't think that this is the problem, because when I open either door, the "Door Ajar" light comes on. The headlight switch could be the problem, maybe not, but when I need to use the interior lights, I can do so using the headlight switch. So, could it be a defective keyless entry. Problem is with my 89 LX.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Wiring problems

I had a simular problem and found that it was a break in the soldered joint in the wiring harness that runs down the inner drivers side rocker panel beside the seat.The best way I found to get at it was to remove the drivers seat then all the plastic pieces that retain the carpet , then lift the carpet up and remove the black plastic protectors and you will see the harness.Usually the break is very visable but sometimes you have to unrap the wiring.Most often you will find lots of moisture in this area and this causes the soldered connections to break.In case your wondering if I just read this somewhere i have been their and done that Hope this helps :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts