TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if that a Mercury Marauders exhuast set up can done on a 97 Cougar 4.6L?

I just love how the Marauders exhaust sounds. it's not too loud, it's just right!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Are you talking about the stock exhaust on a Marauder?

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
You also have to consider the Marauder is a DOHC so if you copy the exhaust, it may not sound exactly the same since your SOHC.

If you really want the sound, take a Marauder exhaust and use the mufflers but have a shop bend up new pipe and see what it's like. And if that doesn't work, swap to a DOHC 4.6.

-Melon

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the answers guys, But I guess i'll have to "make do" ..

Lou's Custom Exhaust wants me drive up to their Manchester NH location for a set up consulation, (is it FREE?) The guy wants to put my car in the air and make 4 different setups to see what I like...

BTW... I live close to Waltham Ma, and there is a Lou's Custom shop there and they quoted me $750:eek: installed with SS mufflers ... (a little $teep for me!)

what do you think?

·
Administrator
8,050 Posts
Jason,

Check these guys out. Smitty used them for his Mark VIII and did a good job at a good price.

Check out his thread.

Joe

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
750 is a little steep... the most I've spent is 400 dollars for my recent exhaust. It was 2.5 inch duals with H pipe and I already had the mufflers. So think 500 out the door. When I did the cougar it was 2.25 inch dual and I supplied the mufflers. It only cost me 200 cash out the door.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts