TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
What about popping the door panel off and going at it from that angle?

There's always Lowe's (or the canadian equivalent) too. I'm sure they have a plunger that would work :D

·
Registered
708 Posts
sorry, but thats never gonna really get it out. the door skin steel is stretched, and theres no way of pulling it back perfectly. it needs to be banged flat from the back and get a skim coat of polyester filler. youre looking at paint work my friend.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
If it does, let me know. I have a very similar dent in the left rear quarter. I don't think it will, as it looks like it has a crease in it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
The product works just not on a dent like yours. Don't get me wrong it might *help* it but never cure it

·
Registered
250 Posts
that def wont fix that dent, it needs bodywork, those only work on dents that do not have creases in them......hey someone moved yur V8 emblem!

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Ouch!!

~~Hello

I think you just need a big Bandaide. That should do the trick.

Get it buffed out & wait untill you need some more work.
If you push the dent from the inside Or pull from outside you WILL need to repaint!

PAUL

·
Registered
71 Posts
there is a chain of "dent wizards" in Ontario. A lot of the car lots use them. You should see if there is one by you. They will be able to look at it and advise.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I can tell you how to fix this, take your inner door pannel off, i think you can get at that dent from the inside, from what i can remeber, anyway take a small block of wood and place it on the inside of the dent making sure that the block of wood, is in the center point of the dent, then taking a RUBBER mallot, hit the block of wood (hard) and the dent should pop right out.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I was taught that if the dent is deep or you have a crease in it, start with the outer edge of the dent and work your way around it in a circular pattern with a body working hammer or a rubber mallet and something that is close to the contour of the panel you're working. Then as you go around start closing in closer to the center, kinda like a spiral. That way you can re-stretch the metal and lessen the chance that the dent will pop back in when you touch it, since the metal is stretched inward, you have to pull it back out the same way.

I just did this to my buddies 90 Honda Accord and it turned out pretty smooth and all I did was use the round end of a small ballpeen hammer and gently worked it out. Now there is no dent, and there is also no dimples coming from the backside outward.

Just my .02

Jay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts